Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Along with our new server I also upgraded the software that runs this site. Nothing ground breaking but we do have new profiles and a MUCH better photo gallery system.

Here's a quick run down:

New Profiles
We have new member profiles for the site and I think you'll like them... especially if you like to promote your business to visitors of the site. You have the ability to add a 200x200 profile image which is great for pictures of yourself, work truck, business logo, etc...
If you own your own business we've also added the ability to give visitors more information about who you are, what services you offer, and how people can contact you. This is not mandatory so if you don't want to share your info then that's fine but I wanted to at least give people the option. If you want to update your business profile you can do so in your "User CP" where it says Edit Your Details.

Finally our new photo gallery integrates with your profile so users can quickly see your photos without having to dig through thousands of others to find yours.

Here's a screenshot of a new profile.

The easiest way to get to your profile is to click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page

New Photo Albums
The new photo albums feature is a HUGE improvement over our last gallery. You can create albums to keep your photos organized, upload up to 3 photos at a time, and give us details on the photo. Best of all the new photo album will RESIZE YOUR IMAGES which makes it much easier to use. Not all images can be resized depending on the format and how large the file is but it works about 90% of the time.

You can get to your albums either through your profile or by going to the user cp and clicking Pictures & Albums. Once your there just follow the onscreen instructions like "Add Album".

Not only are images A LOT easier to upload now because the system will auto resize them for you... but it also includes "BB Code" so you can attach the images to threads after you upload them to your profile. So, hopefully you can use this now instead of image shack.

Here is the BB Code that you need to insert the photo into a thread...

Photos in albums are also publicly viewable so visitors can see your work.

PLEASE NOTE:
The new Albums feature is replacing our old Gallery. Because of this I have turned off the option to upload new photos to the old gallery. You can still edit your old photos and comment on them but all new photos should be uploaded through your profile. Trust me... this is a much better tool.

You can find a link to the old gallery it under "Quick Links' on the navbar.

There are other features that were added as well but this is a good run down of the most important features. Let me know if you have any questions and as always thanks for your membership

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone updates their profile post about it in this thread. I'd love to see them. Thanks.

·
Project Manager
243 Posts
Great job Nathan. I'll work on my photo album later. I did check out the new profile page. I like that it tells you how many people have looked at your profile. Does it only tell you the last person to take a peek, or can you see everyone who has visited?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How expansive are the photo albums? Would be neat to keep a lot like I did at a forum that closed down. I had 120 +- albums and averaged about 20 photos in each album. Made it easy to post links to examples of work/tools/trucks,etc.
There is no real limit. Just try to keep it on topic and don't have me hosting every family photo you've ever taken ;)

·
Project Manager
243 Posts
Riddle me this... my profile says 8 people have visited, but only lists 1. Can we remove our names after we stalk... :whistlingI mean visit someone's profile?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Riddle me this... my profile says 8 people have visited, but only lists 1. Can we remove our names after we stalk... :whistlingI mean visit someone's profile?
Guest names don't show up. I'm not sure how to remove your name... sorry.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
I figured you must have a photo of yourself in your profile, but, alas I checked out your "Statistics" and none were to be discovered.

Oh well!

Put in a photo and I would be happy to stalk you occassionally!!! :clap:

Errrrr, you know I am kidding about that, don't you?

Ed

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
The count might go down if you'd stop checking . . . :laughing:

Okay, I will finally be revealed as the racist pig that I am.

Woman can't help it. It is just like walking past a mirror. They can't go past it without checking to see if they look okay, or driving a car putting their lipstick on looking only at the rear view mirror.

Ed

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Deal!

Do you prefer the one of my younger days in short cut-offs on the beach or current ones riding my bike?

I can tell which version I want to see, but I bet you could slap through the internet, so pick your own.

Ed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts