Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Tempest
Thank you for fixing my post:thumbsup:
Warner and I share the sickness, and while I haven't had the chance to meet him personally we seem to think much alike.

Malco
It comes from drinking all the Green coolaid:jester:
Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have ran the invertor for a good 12-16 hours without the truck plugged in just charging batteries. I have ran a 500 watt halogen work light for 20-30 minutes before the invertor shuts down. The truck stays plugged in for the most part though. There have been times that i would overload the invertor but starting the truck was just enough extra juice to do what i needed. I used to blow the main fuse in the truck all the time but i swapped in a breaker that automatically resets itself so as long as the truck is running then the 1000ca marine battery is recharging. I picked up the invertor through Harbor Freight for $149 and i have never had a problem with it. It works great for recharging the batteries, i just use two 18v chargers that stay plugged in all the time. No need to carry around the charger and look for a place to plug it in. I just run in the trailer, stuff it in the charger, click on the invertor and grab another battery. I also carry a battery charger for the times i want to recharge the marine battery but not keep the truck plugged in. I am to afraid to plug in the truck but leave it off the ball, then hop in the truck and drive away forgetting to unplug it.
I recently installed an inverter in my sprinter van. After a lot of research I found that 2-6volt golf cart batteries work great more amp hour and many more charges. You can even run a solar panel to keep it charged.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts