Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a commercial for, and check out 1and1.com. They have hundreds of new web extensions for sale. Some that might interest you guys: .construction, .llc, .inc, .services.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Post up a link to a page where you saw those were offered...I can't find it at 1and1 or register.com or .....

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Chances are this is just a marketing thing - build their data base.

Will see

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
The new top level domains are in "pre-order" status. This means that you can reserve one of these domains right now but they will not be active until ICANN and IANA approves them.. and that's IF they get approved.

So in the mean time, this is a good way for the domain registrant providers to pocket some easy money while they make up more top level domains that you can supposedly have and register for.

Some of them allow you to pre-order and reserve a name at no charge while others promise to give you back your money if your favorite top level domain name is declined.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
No money required from 1and1 and no real guarantee, nor can they guarantee something that 'might' happen... Good marketing to gather up prospects for their other chit. They give a $100 off coupon deal for "pre-registering".

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Definitely a ploy. There are already ones like .info and .biz and I haven't observed anyone taking them seriously. It's the opposite it seems. It's very difficult to rank for them and public acceptance has been minimal to non existent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts