Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dewalt DWE7491RS
This looks pretty nice at $499 with stand and a 32.5" rip capacity . Great for you drive way suburban guys.

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
I've had all there table saw models and say there great saws . But I think this new one will be a flop . Cause the market is movin to track saws . And the Built in spots to hold fence and stuff ant worth it in my eyes with price .

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Damn it!

I just replaced mine last year.

$499? Looks amazing.

I've been running their saws since their first R&P fence came out. Gotta be 15+ (20?) years now. Just bought my second one. Still have the first, sentimental, and all it needs is an armature. Ran so much chit through that thing. Have to say, if I had to pick one tool, that saw has been my career high-earner.

Maybe I can find someone to buy the "old" one.

Thanks....now I'll be thinking about it every time I lug that thing around.

$499? *#&@!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
But I think this new one will be a flop . Cause the market is movin to track saws.
I'm in the market for a new table saw, and I was very strongly leaning toward the Bosch with the gravity rise stand for $600. Then I realized I could get the little Dewalt for $300 and the Makita tracksaw for $400. I can spread the purchase out over two months and I think the combination of the two will be way better for my needs.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
I've had all there table saw models and say there great saws . But I think this new one will be a flop . Cause the market is movin to track saws . And the Built in spots to hold fence and stuff ant worth it in my eyes with price .
Nah. I have the T55 and 75, and all the accesories (parallel guides, etc.,etc.), but I still use the table saw quite a bit and don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Price? $499!!!! With that sweet looking stand. I'd love to hear if anyone has used the stand, if it operates as good as it looks.

Reactions: Friend

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
I'm in the market for a new table saw, and I was very strongly leaning toward the Bosch with the gravity rise stand for $600. Then I realized I could get the little Dewalt for $300 and the Makita tracksaw for $400. I can spread the purchase out over two months and I think the combination of the two will be way better for my needs.

IMHO, the Bosch gravity rise isn't 1/2 the saw the DeWalt is. The fence blows.

My buddy had one, till I busted his balls about it being a POS long enough that he bought the DW and mounted it to the gravity rise stand. Now it's a sweet hybrid.

Reactions: Friend

·
Registered
159 Posts
CITY DECKS INC said:
Dewalt DWE7491RS
This looks pretty nice at $499 with stand and a 32.5" rip capacity . Great for you drive way suburban guys.
Hopefully im wrong, but the 499 pricing might be a placeholder for the supposed 599 price. I couldn't actually add it to cart. If not, that's great for everyone except me as I just spent 379 for the compact version (dwe7480) the successor to the dw745.

Haven't had a chance to play with it (the dwe7480) but looks like it has a new higher rpm motor and expanded rip capacity @ 24". I just wished the fence stored on the bottom like the baby bosch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a setup video I just found. Looks like a pretty sweet setup! I would like to know how the riving knife release mechanism work, though. A little concerned that it may be a bit fragile, but that may be unwarranted.

pretty bad ass and every thing is built in. tables saws will never go away regardless of how popular the the tracks get. although we uses the track more then the table but when i feel like getting it up to the roof top it feels like old friend. I wish I had time to fabricate portable out feed 6-8ft long for facia, deck boards, cedar, ipe etc.. Even if it's the same ht as the table saw cause it sits on a deck when we use it. The logistical challenges we deal with on rooftops.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I would like to know how the riving knife release mechanism work, though. A little concerned that it may be a bit fragile, but that may be unwarranted.
IIRC, it comes out with the blade guard that prevents you from seeing what you're cutting. Been a while, but on most of the newer ones, they seem to be all one piece. Don't some people use those knives when needed in ripping dimensional lumber? Or other things.

Their r/p is pretty good stuff, but those do seem like pretty thin rails to go that far out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Am. I missing something about how great a 32 rip capacity is? My mini dewalt or rigid contractor saw can do that too, just rip 15 7/8 and bingo I got a 32 inch rip. Fwiw im absolutely loving using my new unisaw with a 54" biesemeyer fence, this thing a beast and delicate at the same time

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
CO762 said:
IIRC, it comes out with the blade guard that prevents you from seeing what you're cutting. Been a while, but on most of the newer ones, they seem to be all one piece. Don't some people use those knives when needed in ripping dimensional lumber? Or other things. Their r/p is pretty good stuff, but those do seem like pretty thin rails to go that far out.
It looks like it comes with two riving knives. One with the blade guard attached, and one shark fin type. What I'm concerned about is the durability of the mechanism between the lever on the side of the table that releases the riving knife and the riving knife itself. Must be a few levers and pivot points between those two.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
mike d. said:
Before I would waste my money on that ts, I would rather use my Festool ts55
The TS is great, but just too impractical for some operations. If I'm ripping face frame stock for built- ins, I'm not reaching for the TS. Can it be done? Sure! Is it an effective way to rip a hundred + feet of narrow stock? No!

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,205 Posts
DC INC said:
Am. I missing something about how great a 32 rip capacity is? My mini dewalt or rigid contractor saw can do that too, just rip 15 7/8 and bingo I got a 32 inch rip. Fwiw im absolutely loving using my new unisaw with a 54" biesemeyer fence, this thing a beast and delicate at the same time
Exactly my thoughts 24" and under is all you should need to rip. Simply cut the short side.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Exactly my thoughts 24" and under is all you should need to rip. Simply cut the short side.
Seen what quality students public schools are turning out?!? That may help you understand why there is a "need" for this saw's dimensions!

:laughing:, but in actuality, really :sad:

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,237 Posts
I like it:thumbsup: It looks good and I want one:blink:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts