Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a decorative painter with 20 years + experience. I do the usual faux finishes, but my favorite things are custom murals and floorcloths, usually trompe l'oeil. I work mainly as a sub for interior designers, having had near zero marketing success going direct to clients. The economy has certainly damped people's appetite for doing something fabulous in the powder room, but there's opportunity in being able to offer the look of the "real thing" at half the price. Currently I'm doing a French limestone floor on a balcony that can't stand the weight of real stone. I still struggle with pricing , and suppose I always will--I ain't getting rich. The Censor just told me I can't post my web site until I've contributed 15 posts. :rolleyes: I've already found helpful info on this site and look forward to being a member. If it isn't moving, paint it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More about me, new member

I run my business out of my studio in the great metropolis of Mebane, NC, which puts me within an hour's drive of half the state's population. Newest assignment is to paint French limestone on a highrise balcony--the half-inch or so it would take to install stone veneer would make the floor too close to the top of the balcony railing, per code. I just have to find out what the heck the anti-slip coating is that is on there so I can prep it properly. Next, a view of Tuscany from an Art Nouveau terrace. I love variety!
Pat the colorfreak
PS-the Censor still won't let me post my homepage, but if one were to google Pat Scheible....

·
Registered
ornamental plasterer
1,442 Posts
I think too that all names and nick names are riot of colour and like your "letter A" and "future of accounting".

Welcome to CT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts