Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question here.. Usually don't do any New Construction, so a lil un sure what to expect. Usually for Res. work, I just type up one Bid which i treat as my Contract for the Cust. Just wondering if I should do the same for New Construction? Do they usually expect a simple Bid and then if they go with you, will they want you to get a contract set up to have them sign or can i just save myself some time and treat the bid as a contract? May be a dumb question but don't usually do New Construction.. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would like to say thanks, to the one Professional Response.. The other responses are great and pretty sad that you wasted your time typing such stupid responses!! Now hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Would like to say thanks, to the one Professional Response.. The other responses are great and pretty sad that you wasted your time typing such stupid responses!! Now hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!
Well EXCUSE ME:no:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then could you possibly help me out and let me know what this Forum is used for then? I thought this was a place to discuss with other's who own there own Painting Business right?? So i asked a simple question and thought i would ask others who deal with NEW CONSTRUCTION a lot and see how they set things up.. I wasn't asking for you guys to price it out or anything stupid like that...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Well then could you possibly help me out and let me know what this Forum is used for then? I thought this was a place to discuss with other's who own there own Painting Business right?? So i asked a simple question and thought i would ask others who deal with NEW CONSTRUCTION a lot and see how they set things up.. I wasn't asking for you guys to price it out or anything stupid like that...

Testy.
You had your answer in the first post and from there we were having fun.:thumbup:

Relax, have a drink, kick back and enjoy your self!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just wait till they call you, and then throw them a really high number...

After they freak out, give them your lowest # possible and tell them they are getting a mad discount be cause you have no clue as to wwhat you're doing and you need their business in order to grow!

HO's... rock!:thumbsup:

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that if you go into the new construction game without a detailed contract of what you will do, when, for how much money, with money being paid out when, and additional charges for what and at what rate, and whose responsibility it is to provide heat and power on the job site and if it's you how much it's going to cost, and what will happen when there is a dispute (arbitration, law suit, mediation, who chooses the mediator), and how you will dispose of waste and chemicals, and every other conceivable possiblity you will have your butt handed to you on a platter by the gc.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Most GC's will have you sign their contract terms, or sub contractor agreement and issue purchase orders, the PO and its terms become the contract. The acceptance is commencing work

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since a lot of people are getting multiple estimates today, I usually call the customer with the quote. They usually either say it sounds good, or their still waiting for other quotes and If yours ends up accepted, then write up a contract at that point. It seems to work better that way for me.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Why do we act like kids who don't have job to do?
We are not suppose to bully ourselves here, this is a place for us to share our ideas and help each other.
Please men let's get this over with.......

·
32 Posts
I don't know what you expected. You were going to be the only one who never got the hotseat? I read a number of threads before registering, with the final one being about the painter pants, hysterical. I had to join, just for the comedy. I already know how to paint. You could take this forum on the road, it's better than Seinfeld. It's like everything else in life, you have to wade through the bull. I do know what you mean though OP. You make a thoughtful comment and the guy behind you with the stupid joke gets the thanks. And I do think the OP's question was valid. The one guy had it right I think, just relax and enjoy yourself. This isn't the place to be deadly serious. I think I learned one thing from reading threads, if you say something stupid or do something dumb, don't defend it any further, because it just dies a much more painful and drawn out death.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts