Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Report says market to be strong for another year. The Texas market is stout but my money says it’s going to take a hard dive. Material prices & shortages will play hard here. Cracker box builders will be going tits to the moon changing names trying to regroup as usual until bust. News said builders normally w/6 months inventory is down to 2 months. Save your quarters boys

Mike

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to clarify I heard this on San Antonio news last night as I am not a tv watcher wife had news on. Kind of like when I go into a building & mind punching flaws. Perked ears up a bit. I know nothing about where their info came from - he said she said likely. Typical media

Mike

·
Super Moderator
25,783 Posts
Lots of stuff says it will be strong for another year, and I see it here as far as the amount of plans for new homes going across my desk. That being said - anyone who trusts this market is nuts imo, way too volatile. Covid, materials skyrocketing, elections, oil down, etc... who knows.

I have never been cash heavier, my financial guy thinks I'm insane for keeping it on hand - but ill lose 1- 150k at least the first year if its a hard crash unless we want to rebuild the whole thing, train new people etc... Not to mention foreclosures will be hot to pick up if there is a ton of bankruptcy

Hopefully this will be the last recession I give a **** about. Next one shouldn't have any notes and plenty of mail box money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts