Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys need some opinions. IR 185 broke, valve train issue. Not getting fixed as soon as i need it. Was looking at new compressor for 2nd setup anyways (with Geo Blaster pot). So if you had your choice would you go with a 210 CFM 150 PSI or 260 CFM 100 PSI? Cant seem to get best of both 260 CFM 150 PSI. Because of new emissions about to kick in there aren't a lot out there. Was looking between, Airman, Sullivan, and Sullair. What your opinions? Please help

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
I'm running a 260 IR Few issues with cold weather but over all Good air psi at 100 psi and running 1" line with # 6 nozzle
( compressor is tweeted at 135) to get the pot at 100

Next time I'm headed to a 375, 150 psi unit Don't always need it but those few jobs a year It will make life better

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you got the cash, big air
You can always cut it down, but never turn it up if it's not there
260 CFM is about as big as i need to be going cash wise. Just wish i could get that and the 150 PSI. So if you could only raise PSI to 150 or CFM from 210 to 260, which one?

·
Registered
216 Posts
But higher CFM bring more air for bigger nozzle, good both ways, thats why im having a problem deciding.
If it was 375 cfm as a choice at 100 psi I would take the 375 cfm but since it was only 50 cfm difference I picked the higher psi. And if you run it at 100 psi with a regulator the cfm will probably increase.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think Dyer said a one time his 260 is a bit of an oddball parts wise because they weren't popular.

If you are looking for a secondary unit I would either:

1) get the same unit as you have now so when your old one completely croaks you have spare parts for the newer one. For large jobs you can run them both to get big air.

2) go with a 375 for the large jobs that you can run a #8 nozzle otherwise use the smaller compressor for fuel efficiency.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
BlAst off is right
The 260 is s good unit, better than the 185 but on commercial jobs just a little bit slow

My 260 IR seem to be the I between model, little odd on parts they always carry parts for 185 or375 but my parts have to be ordered. They don't take to long to get but always seems to be a week out unless I pay the overnight charge

I have run two 185 together and they barely run.
Fuel is much less than running a diesel full tilt
( but it's two units still burning fuel) plus you have to get two units to a job....
My 260 is equal to the pressure of the two 185 together so there's your answer. 260

They are making the IR 260 with a switch now
You can run 100 or150 but at 150 your only going to get about 110 at pot. The air will get sucked out at the same rate, stoping and starting you will have full pressure, but running air pressure will depend on size of nozzle

I find running my rig (turned up past original setting of 100) I tweek it up to 130 psi and gets me (after the cooler and water trap) 100 running psi at the pot. This is absolute max for the 260

1 - 9 of 9 Posts