Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
World Champion
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My company name is "I Paint", and i have been thinking about changing the name to something different for the past year. Alot of you guys online think its a dumb name as-well or make fun of it, i dont really give a rats arse. Honestly I think "I Paint" is getting lame, enough said.

I want to ask everyone to help me create a new name and logo ideas. I would like to include ideas from my personal hobbies into the name and logo. I love the outdoors, i climb rocks and okie mountains, backpacking, survival trips, hunt, fish, and more. I live in oklahoma city.

Here is my newer Logo from iPaint.

Attachments

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
My company name is "I Paint", and i have been thinking about changing the name to something different for the past year. Alot of you guys online think its a dumb name as-well or make fun of it, i dont really give a rats arse. Honestly I think "I Paint" is getting lame, enough said.

I want to ask everyone to help me create a new name and logo ideas. I would like to include ideas from my personal hobbies into the name and logo. I love the outdoors, i climb rocks and okie mountains, backpacking, survival trips, hunt, fish, and more. I live in oklahoma city.

Here is my newer Logo from iPaint.
Listen. These guys here poke fun just because. Stick wit the first iPaint. Maybe change the green color. But...very good idea. Don't muddy the water now...

The first logo is SOLID. When I first saw it I was thoroughly impressed. Name. Logo. Everything.:thumbsup:

p.s. the second logo and name is wizz-a-wack..

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
I paint is good, work with it.
Patagonia may be beautiful, especially for rock climbers, but what that's got to do with anything?
I would make I paint a brand name. You got a great logo.

You paint, we paint, they paint but "I PAINT, for professional results".:thumbsup:

·
World Champion
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well i can keep it and i know its good, but will it be a relevant name 10yrs from now? Thats why i would like to have a more traditional name like Silvertree, Brushtrail, or any steadfast name. You know what i mean? iPaint reminds me of Apple's iPod alot, or like im trying to copy Apple. That was not my intention!

If everyone agrees that iPaint is fine then i will keep it.

What green color, lime or sage? or a whole different color all together? What color would that be?

thanks

·
Sean
5,548 Posts
Were are you getting that the name is lame, I went back to your earlier post & the only crack made about it was by me as a joke http://www.contractortalk.com/f12/new-logo-design-60218/

Cool - is this a new iPhone app like that level or baluster spacer?

Seriously - Nice logo update
I agree with everyone above - trademark it & run with it, I can't think of another business with that name which is rare

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
Ah, now we get to the problem, SLSTech is the cause of all this.:laughing:

Ipaint and Ipod are very different.

Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola, RC Cola. All successful and all colas.

Silvertree was my second choice, Silver Bullet was my first but another guy beat me to it.

Silver Bullet is now Silver Mark. Changed a couple of years ago.

Silvertree and my logo I like, although the bank has been mailing my statements as Sliver tree for about 12 years now:censored:

·
World Champion
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
514 Posts
Troy,

Seriously man, screw'em. This is coming from a guy who has gotten razed about his name a time or two and even currently think about changing it all the time to something more traditional like you. Do you know how many builders around here use the names like Elite, Quality, Legacy, Landmark, Timeless, etc? There has got to be at least half a dozen contractors using each of these names just in my local area. I don't know how anyone can tell them apart. I think you probably chose your name because it was easy to remember and unique. Those are some of the reasons I chose my company name. Maybe my logo could use some work but I think I have other priorities right now. Seeing you struggle with this now helps me say screw it, I'm going to continue to build my brand as it stands and I suggest you do the same. IPaint is a good foundation.

·
13 Licenses & Counting
197 Posts
Well i can keep it and i know its good, but will it be a relevant name 10yrs from now? Thats why i would like to have a more traditional name like Silvertree, Brushtrail, or any steadfast name. You know what i mean? iPaint reminds me of Apple's iPod alot, or like im trying to copy Apple. That was not my intention!
Interestingly enough, I didn't associate "iPaint" with "iPod" right off - even after glancing at the logo. I think it was about three posts into the thread that I realized that association. I just briefly looked at it, read 'iPaint' and assumed it meant you painted, the logo being an image that I just associated with the company. I like brief and to the point adds/names....I can never figure out the the whole "Jackbenimbleburnstead Builders & Contractors LLC PLLC INC" thing...At least the federal government has the acronym thing down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the I Paint - it's both clean and crisp; looks professional.

No offense, but I don't know how many mountains/streams/house paint logos I've seen over the years which I've forgotten; I'd remember the I Paint and I bet so would a potential client. FWIW.

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts

If everyone agrees that iPaint is fine then i will keep it.

What green color, lime or sage? or a whole different color all together? What color would that be?

thanks
You are giving this too much second thought. You want to give your biz a name like ipaint just because it sounds solid like ipod or whatever.

I'm the same way a lot of times. I second guess myself but have found that your gut instincts and first thought about something are usually the best option.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.