Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

New company advertising

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  kjdickerson 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
Just started new HVAC company any advertising ideas? Know economy is slow right now. Any ideas appreciated. Will be in the phone book in November and started sending out discounted flyers.

#4 ·
I glued my business card with a 20% discount on replacement windows to a bunch of bricks. I then paid a neighborhood kid $10 to walk around tossing them through the home owners living room window. Good thing the bricks only cost $1 because I'm out $150 and no calls :mad:

Business Rule #1: Have a plan on how you will go about getting clients and then building your business before you start. :rolleyes:

In this economy it's going to be tough. My HVAC sub has been busy with service calls BUT it's been months since he has done an install. I have been at it a long time and at one time had a small crew. Now I work alone and carpentry only makes up 50% of what I do now. Before I could pick and choose what I wanted to do. Now you may see me painting speed bumps! :censored:

Look and act professional. Do good work for an honest price ie. don't start off giving away your services to get work, because you will never get that money back, and it will be even harder to raise your fees later. Remember your business is service, service, service!
In this economy doing the little things will go far with your clients.

Be careful of spending big $$$ on phone book adds. They will talk a good talk BUT most contractors will tell you what the add brings in is small. I received 4 calls at most over 3 years! No more adds for me. Look for the small local newspapers. Maybe sponsor a local youth sports team or school event. Spend locally and wisely.

Good luck and keep learning :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.