Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this new collaboration software Collaber, which I wanted to share here.

It is an alternative to MS Groove. Has a downloadable version and web versions. Also provides servers. Will be useful for virtual groups and small businesses.

I find this software better than Basecamp and huddle.

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
You work for Vimukti Technologies, correct?

I found this new collaboration software Collaber. I find this software better than Basecamp and huddle.
Hey there,
Of course you found it. Don't you work for Vimukti, the company who made Collaber? Usually employees do find out what their company does. Putting that aside, I too provide collaboration software, specifically for contractors in the repair and remodeling space which gives me a stronger perspective to offer an opinion. Yes, we both use the word "collaboration" in our pitch, but mine is relevant while yours is not.

Let me tell you why you will have a hard time selling to this industry. Your workspace product does not start early enough in the business cycle that contractors work in. Contractors (many times, but not all the time) first manage leads and also (many times, but not all the time) manage estimating that then lead into a job. This job may be done by the owner, employees of the company and/or subcontractors. And when completed, it then goes through invoicing and collections.

Your product starts and end smack in the middle of the process, which doesn't benefit the contractor before or after.

There are industries where your product will do well (i.e. programmers collaborating on a development project) but not in our industry unless you wish to provide the full cycle of business issues. Your website says "Build web applications, custom tools with HTML and Javascript. You can also use animations, JavaScript libraries like Jquery, Protoype, Dojo." This clearly defines your market is not being the one as these forum readers.

Good try and best of luck introducing your find in some other forums.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.