Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New business new to the site. It's nice to see contractors getting together on line and kinda giving each other advice. I think this is a valuable resource.
Now my question is what is the best way to get general contractors and property management companys a chance to bid on there projects.
I have 20 years in the trades. Starting as a carpenter and most recently running jobs for mid sized commercail. I've alway stayed busy through out my career and am concerned with lack of work for my business venture. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The best way is to search for the companies online and then call them to request to be put on t heir bidders list. You can also email them, but a personal call might get a better response.

One thing to consider: I've looked at bidding some large projects that would require a lot of working capital and they are typically not fast payers. This means you would need to front a fair amount of money up front and then survive anywhere from 60-90 days before getting paid. It's risky!

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts