Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this is an awesome site. I was totally unaware of it, but I am sure I can learn a lot from many of you.

Jim here, I actually have had a business doing remodeling and flips for many many years but nothing real formal. I was a Firefighter/Paramedic so I did it in my off time.

However, about two years ago (right in the midst of the recession) I moved here to the Knoxville area and started a remodeling business (I love a challenge or I am stupid, still not quite sure which). I only really wanted to perform some handyman stuff for the interim while I was working on a new church that was developing (I am a church planter). Anyway, the job/business took off so I went with it. Now about a 1 1/2 years later I employ 3 people and will be hiring two more.

In our business, we focus on everything, and I mean everything, the only thing we do not do in house, is gutters. We will excavate, pour, frame, side, roof etc... I do have one advantage I was a residential building inspector for about 2 years and I have been hands on for a long time. I believe because we do everything we have had a lot of work. I know this is unusual during these times.

Anyway, that is me and I really look forward to getting to know some of you.

Blessings,
Jim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts