Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Miratech trim for the first time. I needed trim that I could do a little routing on and something that didn't expand and contract like pvc. I had a sample from the lumberyard so I threw it in my doggie pool and let it float around for a couple of weeks unprimed and then let it sit in the weather for another week. Still looks like new and there wasn't any swelling at all. I don't know if I'll ever use anything else again. I don't know why it took me so long to find this stuff. Anyone else have any new products out there that they've been impressed with lately.

·
framing/millwork supplier
132 Posts
Unprimed Miratec ??? never seen that before ....not saying its not there just have never seen it ...found out today Miratec is starting to make shutters, we received our display today.....a 2 panel 16" X 36" 1 1/4" thick ..damn thing weighs about 35-40 pounds ...for (1) 1/2 of the pair..looks like a shutter made of the old masonite tempered hardboard that peg board is made of ...its heavy, ugly and would not trust it from water damage ...I will stick with cedar, cellular pvc or cypress...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Primed except for the end cuts. Yeah, it does look like the old masonite. That's why I tested it out. I didn't think it would hold up. It has three coats of waterproofing on it and phenolic resins and probably some company trade secrets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts