Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Looks like this one that they been talking about for the last year +. If so its nothing new. There was some off brand that done something similar. Can't think what brand it was though. May have been craftsman. Not sure.

Impact driver Impact wrench Handheld power drill Screw gun Tool

Just checked and it was meant to be out in 2012. Perhaps they had issues with a patent from that other company who had it before.

·
GC/carpenter
44,274 Posts
BCConstruction said:
Looks like this one that they been talking about for the last year +. If so its nothing new. There was some off brand that done something similar. Can't think what brand it was though. May have been craftsman. Not sure. Just checked and it was meant to be out in 2012. Perhaps they had issues with a patent from that other company who had it before.
This is a lot cheaper

Tool Auto part Tool accessory

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
not revolutionary but i was looking at getting an impact drill and a separate impact for sockets. if this has a brushless motor i would be interested. if its a brushed motor then its just old hat.
i will be checking it out to see what it really is.

·
GC/carpenter
44,274 Posts
not revolutionary but i was looking at getting an impact drill and a separate impact for sockets. if this has a brushless motor i would be interested. if its a brushed motor then its just old hat.
Is called the bosch core brushless hybrid

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
chris klee said:
The problem is its got no where near the TQ of the true 1/2" drive impact. I think that has 1600in lbs but a 18v true 1/2" impact has over 4000in lbs so your still not gonna be able to do something as simple as take your truck wheel nuts off.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
i think bc is right. they have a 36v brushless circ saw coming too.. the motor housing is pretty much the exact same as the milwaukee m18 fuel brushless circ. only with a differnt base and blade guard

·
GC/carpenter
44,274 Posts
woodworkbykirk said:
i think bc is right. they have a 36v brushless circ saw coming too.. the motor housing is pretty much the exact same as the milwaukee m18 fuel brushless circ. only with a differnt base and blade guard
Do you know if the milwaukee 18v sds plus will drill a 5/8 x10" hole as good as the corded?

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
im not sure.. ill keep an eye out for the reviews on it over at toolboxbuzz.com and aconcordcarpenter.com..

im on the list of guest reviewers but havent recieved anything through them since april

·
GC/carpenter
44,274 Posts
woodworkbykirk said:
im not sure.. ill keep an eye out for the reviews on it over at toolboxbuzz.com and aconcordcarpenter.com.. im on the list of guest reviewers but havent recieved anything through them since april
Thanks Jeff, I would like to go cordless on that tool, I like Milwaukee cordless these days. Also I would like to go cordless with a 1/2" drive impact wrench.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
That's exactly what I use. I don't often run 1/2" on it but when I do that's what I use. If this is what Bosch are pushing as revolutionary then they are are mistaken lol
BC is "lol" in your signature? It's like you tear into some non Festool topic and then close with a "lol" so nobody gets their feelings hurt. Lol.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Roofcheck said:
BC is "lol" in your signature? It's like you tear into some non Festool topic and then close with a "lol" so nobody gets their feelings hurt. Lol.
Well it is funny as the tool has been advertised for a good long time now yet they are trying to push it like its some new amazing tool that's gonna change the way we work. I think toolguyd had a review of it back over year ago. I would be cool though if it was something cool but its a gimmick that don't do what a real 1/2" impact does.

·
GC/carpenter
44,274 Posts
Californiadecks said:
Thanks Jeff, I would like to go cordless on that tool, I like Milwaukee cordless these days. Also I would like to go cordless with a 1/2" drive impact wrench.
This baby right here

Impact wrench Handheld power drill Impact driver Tool Screw gun

1 - 20 of 29 Posts