Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy folks,

the new bosch nailers just arrived at rona, i havent had a chance to try them out yet. they have the framer, roofe, 15 guage and 18

just wondering has anyone tried the framer. im looking to buy a framing gun . i was thinking about getting the alien looking hitachi but i hear their junk . thinking paslode, bosch or save a few bucks and get a ridgid/milwaukee

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
i was thinking about getting the alien looking hitachi but i hear their junk .
Bosch's haven't arrived here yet, I'm always nervour of companies "first crack" and a different style of tool...remember the pilgrims take the arrows.

I have a Hitachi and have only run a few boxes of nails through it but its great, probably sink a nail into lead.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Tools of the trade did a review of the Bosch framer. It seems kind of pricey but had good power and some nice features according to the article. Weight is about the same as the Hitachi. No rafter hook.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use the older style hitachi regularly i guess the new ones cant compete with the old reliability wise.

been wondering how the bosch compares

·
Tool Fiend
47 Posts
I have a Dewalt that I love a bunch. You can pick them up fairly cheap. They're not quite as heavy and bulk as the Hitachi, but if you're on the shorter lighter side, this maybe a plus

·
Registered
917 Posts
I held the Bosch at the tool store today, seems to be a nice gun, kinda weird feeling but I'm sure it would be something you can get used to. I dont frame much so I'll stick with my senco but if I did I'd def. try it out. Pretty light gun it felt like IMO

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i avoid dewalt and emglo as much as possible. ive used quite a few different dewalt nailers and found them all to be problematic.

the dewalt store has their framing gun for $280 reconditioned, i was considering picking one up a few months ago but after seeing that they recalled 3 different models do to having hair triggers i quickly changed my mind

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so has anyone tried these guns as of yet, i dont know anyone who has yet and they are on sale this weekend for $80 off. i might grab one today while killing time waiting for the superbowl pregame to start

·
Registered
264 Posts
I actually went out of my way to buy and 18gauge and have used the 15 gauge. Let me just say this.... It IS Not(reapeat ) not A MAx NAiler. The 15 gauge gun was verry impressive, but a little awkward to use...preference thing i guess. The brad nailer has good power and a good feel. I would try it out. Bosch dosnt seem to dick around when it comes to there tools. I use mine for for one of my guys to beat the **** out of and he seems to enjoy it quite abit.Mind you the saftey has been modified and jammed to make life easier.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was looking at the finish nailers, i dont like the design of the 18 gauge, just the way half of the nose is attached to the magazine and opens up when you go to reload. i was shopping around for a 16 gauge , the thing that turned me away from that was how the magazine is less than 90 to the nose in a bad way so getting in tight spots would be harder. so i bought the new porter cable at busy bee for 150,no issues other than the case takes up too much space in the truck

the 15 gauge looks decent but im too cheap to spend the $15 difference in nails. we use 15 regularly but only for exterior work and used stainless steel.

still waiting to hear about the framer, im either gonna buy the bosch or the newer design hitachi, mind you rona has the last version of the paslode powermaster on for 319 everywhere else is at least 400

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The alien hitachis are not junk. Everyone who uses mine wants it. Its light powerful and dependable. They had a short stretch of bad one when it first came out but now they are great. Ive had mine since 2006 and it works in 100degrees and -20 just fine thankyou.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought a Hitachi NR90AE frame nailer in September and the piston broke on me last week...................It costs $80 for a new piston

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
...................It costs $80 for a new piston
See if they will warrenty that, I know o-rings are wear parts are not covered but that doesn't seam right.

My NR90AE is still going strong, although I accidentally shot a nail into concrete while nailing into a sil and managed to get a nail head jammed in there...after alot of hammering with a punch I got it out and its good as new.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The alien hitachis are not junk. Everyone who uses mine wants it. Its light powerful and dependable. They had a short stretch of bad one when it first came out but now they are great. Ive had mine since 2006 and it works in 100degrees and -20 just fine thankyou.
I got an AMEN on that best gun I have...so it looks a lil funny but it does have flames how cool is that ....lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts