Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it’s a fact of life that this site generates some bills.
To offset these cost we run advertisements via banner ads. By now you’ve probably noticed that we added a few new ads to the board.
This is probably not the final layout and I look forward to your feedback.
I've signed with an ad network that streams these ads in. I approve all ads before they are shown and therefore there will NEVER be any flashing, noise making, popup, pop under, or any other obnoxious type ads. :evil: If no ads are available nothing will show up and the space will be left blue.

Please give me your feedback in this thread and also let me know if you have any problems generated by the ads.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more quick note. These ads are only temporary. As the board grows I hope to attract advertisers who are looking to reach contractors. Once this happens the ads will become more and more relevant to you and your business/trade.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
These kinda ad's never bother me. But it will be nice to see some that may actually be something I need :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since you are footing the bills and doing all the work administering this site you are entitled to recoup your expenses. I appreciate the fact that you are being selective in what you allow too. Best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burst! Media (our advertising company) had a problem with their software today that cause a flashing ad to appear.:evil: They are currently working on this problem and I have removed their ads until they fix the problem.

Sorry for that ad, hopefully they will fix the problem soon and that will not happen again.

Thanks.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
The only downside I see to the ads are some additional load time for each page. Otherwise power to you.. running a site can be expensive and not to mention time consuming. The way I see it - you should be paying yourself for maintaining it. It doesn't always work out that way but it's a good goal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts