Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Commercial Contractor
Commercial Contracting
2,046 Posts
You’re asking for trouble and multiple potential lawsuits. Don’t be the guy that does that. Be professional from the start.

If you are dead set on using someone particular ask them to get a general liability policy and a license.

Seriously, don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Commercial Contractor
Commercial Contracting
2,046 Posts
Here just one scenario:

You hire the unlicensed siding guy, he falls off the walk board. He sues you and because you broke the law your insurance is void and will not cover the medical and legal expenses. It can pierce any corporate vail. Now you personally are liable.

Apply that to any potential liability on a job site (of which there are many). The risk is much greater than any reward, because there is no reward to using unlicensed contractors.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
8,132 Posts
You’re asking for trouble and multiple potential lawsuits. Don’t be the guy that does that. Be professional from the start.

If you are dead set on using someone particular ask them to get a general liability policy and a license.

Seriously, don’t do it.

Wholly $#!t. !!

What brings you back from the dead? 👍👍

Goos to see you again.

·
1 on 2
Mason
2,412 Posts
Here just one scenario:

You hire the unlicensed siding guy, he falls off the walk board. He sues you and because you broke the law your insurance is void and will not cover the medical and legal expenses. It can pierce any corporate vail. Now you personally are liable.

Apply that to any potential liability on a job site (of which there are many). The risk is much greater than any reward, because there is no reward to using unlicensed contractors.

EXACTLY!! That's what you've just been told!

·
Commercial Contractor
Commercial Contracting
2,046 Posts
Wholly $#!t. !!

What brings you back from the dead?

Goos to see you again.
I missed you all too much .

Life, kids and business has been crazy these last few years, glad to be back and hoping to get back to regular posting.

Nice to be remembered lol. Thanks!

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,249 Posts
I saw he's an older member and didn't remember ever seeing his name. Is there a welcome back thread we should start?
That'll just encourage people to quit, then come back and read everything people were saying after they quit.

Slippery slope.

·
Commercial Contractor
Commercial Contracting
2,046 Posts
Not you or anyone else Reg. I knew you couldn’t stand yourself w/out us.

jk

Although no red carpet was rolled out for me on my return. I like that

Mike
I don’t need a red carpet, I’m easy to please. I’ll gladly take a shag carpet though, maybe a disco light 🪩

·
Commercial Contractor
Commercial Contracting
2,046 Posts
Short notice, best we could do:
Moranbah-Dirty-Carpet - Swifty Clean
Are those STAINS?!? You have some nerve. Could have at least been red like I asked.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts