Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Money Maker
852 Posts
I built 6 spec homes for an investor last April through June. 3 of them in 1 town that sold while being built and he profited 60k a house. The other 3 where in a different town. 1 sold 1 month after completion and made around 50k and the other 2 just closed this past November and he just barely broke even.

The 3 that sold in 1 town was bought as 1 lot and sub divided. The other 3 in the other town where bought with shacks on them and demoed and built new.
That's why I said broad question. There's so many variables on how you buy your lots...knock downs. Size of homes you put up. The finishes you use. Ect. I never built a spec house but plan on it one day. Currently I just build new homes for people.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a broad question which intentionally avoids pricing. Shut down the tablet thread I asked about using a tablet which turned into a 4 page pissing match.
Thanks for all who replied. I certainly understand there are many factors that go into building a house.

·
Money Maker
852 Posts
southernyankee said:
It's a broad question which intentionally avoids pricing. Shut down the tablet thread I asked about using a tablet which turned into a 4 page pissing match. Thanks for all who replied. I certainly understand there are many factors that go into building a house.
Your not doing to well on your threads lol. You have more specific questions?

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
It's a broad question which intentionally avoids pricing. Shut down the tablet thread I asked about using a tablet which turned into a 4 page pissing match.
Thanks for all who replied. I certainly understand there are many factors that go into building a house.
If the thread is longer than a page its always a pissing match. Unless its about nail bags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts