Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to finalize the purchase for cabinets for a 10 x 10 kitchen, and now it needs to all be done before thanksgiving. Not enough lead time for me to trust them to push it up. Any suggestions? Maybe a better than average RTA line? I'm looking for fairly standard raised panels, 36" wall cabs, crown, "honey spice" tone maple, wood boxes.

Thanks.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Lacking some information.....

What size cabs, wood,.......why the push.......:blink:

There going to be stuck with the Borg or Lowes cabs.

Sometimes you need to adjust customers back to reality ...in a polite way........there will be another thanksgiving next year,.....better to do it write, go over the different cabs, hardware ,etc,etc,.......then to slap slap something in just because of clock......

JMPOV,...

B,

·
K&B Plus...
242 Posts
My quick delivery cabs are USA factory made, with 36" walls and all else. 21 day delivery, and that's about as quick a lead time as any, but they won't meet your deadline.

Hey, you KNOW it's the old adage.....good, fast, cheap....pick two. You want fast and I'll bet your client isn't willing to spring for anything but cheap. So, you got fast and cheap which means box store with only 30" high cabinets, not 36". I don't know of any off the shelf place where you'll find taller cabinets as stocked items.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update...I was able to push the job a couple weeks, and then ended up ordering American Woodmark from HD. I kept running into the "budget vs. look" constraints at other suppliers. Anyway, it took two weeks to receive them (plant is within an hour of me) after I finally placed the order, but I had to add a week on the front side for tweaking the design and getting client approvals. I don't plan to rush one like that again.

The counters get installed this Thursday (12/12).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts