Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know if the cheap harbor freight roofing nailer will shoot bostic or griprite nails,in a fix.or have to nail hardie tile sub.by hand like the old days,but nails suck these days ,maybe i find old box of double dipped roofers,doubt that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It shoots them fine as long as you get a working gun. I bought two to augment my hitachi when I took a job that included roofing (something I rarely do...I use mine for hardie board).

One of them had the nailer feeding mechanism fly apart as it shot a nail...the time wasted + aggravation traveling back to exchange was almost worth the cost of a bostitch haha.

I still have them and they performed admirably through a few boxes of 1-1/4 bostitch nails...unfortunately, I can't give you a long term usage review...but I firmly believe in getting what you pay for. If you're intending to earn a living through this gun on a more than often basis...go with a better gun.

However, they are unbelievably cheap. I believe I picked them up at 70 a pop after a coupon or two. You could buy 3-4 of them for one hitachi.

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
Not on my jobs, screws or go home.
What's funny is your trade says "nail driving fool".

Like I said, I wouldn't use them but that's my choice. Ask that I am saying is the manufacturer specs them as a proper fastener and I started the reasons why. If one had 20 sheets to lay it's faster abd more profitable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd like to clarify I nail the hardie down over thinset so the nails are just there to make sure it stays put until cured for floors. Walls I definitely use screws. I feel this definitely helps save time.

Also, I believe this is how it's outlined from the manufacturer as TNT posted.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
What's funny is your trade says "nail driving fool".

Like I said, I wouldn't use them but that's my choice. Ask that I am saying is the manufacturer specs them as a proper fastener and I started the reasons why. If one had 20 sheets to lay it's faster abd more profitable.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah I see the humor there.

I'm sure it works, I just like the idea of screwing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts