Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know if the cheap harbor frieght nailer will shoot bostic or griprite roof nails,ridge runner trig air blow,need to quick nail hardie tile sub down,

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Harbor freight has a nailer that shoots nails? Like as in more than one before it breaks? Wow. It prob is bostic then.lol

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
#cantaffordscrews

#harborfreightnailer

#contractortalknotaDIYsite
OK here goes.

1 harbor freight tools have come a long ways since all of the regular tools are made in China

2 roofing nails is acceptable according to instructions of cement backer board.

3 While the question may seem somewhat DIY, I can see it as I have bought tools from them and I certainly am not a DIYer.....
Your tool snobbery is showing......

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I am a tool snob, that is for sure. And it wasn't the question that made me think he was a diyer. It was the fact that he A-didn't have a nailer, B-was going to by it from Harbor Freight, and 3-wasnt familiar w the Bostitch Brand.

I wouldn't nail a hardy sub floor either. But then again I like to be able to walk down the hall without squeeking every step.

Just do it right the first time, buy tools that last, that's kinda the contractors unspoken rule of thumb is it not.

·
Registered
943 Posts
madrina said:
I am a tool snob, that is for sure. And it wasn't the question that made me think he was a diyer. It was the fact that he A-didn't have a nailer, B-was going to by it from Harbor Freight, and 3-wasnt familiar w the Bostitch Brand. I wouldn't nail a hardy sub floor either. But then again I like to be able to walk down the hall without squeeking every step. Just do it right the first time, buy tools that last, that's kinda the contractors unspoken rule of thumb is it not.
Thinset under the Hardie, like instructed, and nails are fine

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You would think a "carpenter, Builder, general contractor for 30+ years" would have some kind of grip about what tools shoot what. Or at least half a sense to call or stop in to harbor freight to check it out.

The OP reeks of homeowner asking a question on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts