Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Seems too generic & the pics look like some stock photography.

What's with the language on the pavers & brick work?

The photos also flip too fast for my liking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There are typos. "Commercial" in the upper left hand corner being one of them. The copy (writing) is not really in proper grammar and is a little difficult to read. You need spaces after commas.

Other than that, the images at the top transition too quickly and have that really annoying grid transition. Keep it simple. No transition or a simple fade/roll etc.

Your "about us" section has typos as well such as:
"OK Construction has been providing high quality contractor services to the greater New York area in both the residential and commercial construction industries for year!"
Other than that, it could use some paragraphs. Overall just clean up everything and make sure there you come off as professional.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
When you go to it on your phone and click full sight it just brings you back to the phone version.

Also I would get rid of the pic with the guy without his shirt on. Maybe some pics with guys in company shirts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Your website is very far away from functional in the sense of it showing up in NYC to generate work.

You need a pro im afraid. You will simply not be able to rank your site in NYC for any terms at your skill level.

Unless you want a photo albulm, then goto Weebly or Wix.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I have a strong suspicion that all your homeadvisor reviews are fake. Youve got to be kidding me, how did you manage to work for so many people who are unable to structure sentences properly.

Maybe they are, maybe they arnt, but youve got to be kidding me. The whole package is retarded. The site looks like homestead, the reviews, the pictures. If everything seems phoney then your customers are going to think you are phoney.

There is always room at Mcdonalds....

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
The grammar alone is a turn off. Educated potential clients will read the text and then look at the photos, and see that something does not add up quite right.

The photos imply a large and successful company with tons of large jobs under it's belt, while the grammar and the way things are phrased throughout indicates more of a start up company.

Remember you wanted honest opinions.;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
No comments on the company name yet, (so I will).

I immediately thought you were from Oklahoma, until I saw the New York in the text. As a NY consumer on the internet, I would have glanced past your company figuring you are 1500 miles away.

And if I was looking for a relatively good contractor, I would dismiss your company if the best way you could be described is just OK.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Two immediate thoughts:

1.) The name of your company is really, really bad. Not sure if it's your initials or what, but unless you're in Oklahoma, it's a horrible idea for a name.

2.) You should pay someone to go in and fix all spelling and grammatical errors.

The above two issues present a terrible image of your company no matter how good your work is.

As a customer, my first thought would be: "If he doesn't care how about how his own website looks, he sure isn't going to care about the work he does for me".

·
90%-er
1,438 Posts
Tough but fair man.

If you wouldn't drive around in a van with images of your website plastered on the side, then it definitely shouldn't be online.

We spent about a grand getting our initial site up and running, and we pay a small amount every season to have the pictures and such updated to keep it fresh.

It's the absolute best investment I've ever made, advertising wise.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
No comments on the company name yet, (so I will).

I immediately thought you were from Oklahoma, until I saw the New York in the text. As a NY consumer on the internet, I would have glanced past your company figuring you are 1500 miles away.

And if I was looking for a relatively good contractor, I would dismiss your company if the best way you could be described is just OK.
Thank you.

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,643 Posts
The site is seven pages and wont do much at all for you. I basically had the same deal a few years ago and generated 1 job for 5k...
The faq page is pointless and should be replaced with a blog section. Turn your faq's into searchable blogs.

You should have a separate page for every service offered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts