Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! Love the site, lots of useful information on here. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I have an existing screen porch im trying to come up with plan to update. Currently its all pt posts and 2x4's. The Homeowner wants everything low maintenance and white, whether it be pvc or vinyl. They also want vinyl handrails between screen sections to protect the screen from young kids. Im planning on using the screeneze system with the screen sections being 6x8 with 6' railing sections. The mental block im having is what to use to wrap the posts, bottom sill, and header with. If I use vinyl sleeves on the post how could I match the sill and header? Im trying to stay away from covering the whole thing with azek to keep cost down plus I am not a big fan. If that's the only option so be but I'm wondering if anyone has any better ideas. The outsides need to be flush in order for the screen system to work. Thanks for any advice!

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
I'm sure we can help but maybe you could post a picture? I think you need 10 posts for pictures so go to Introductions and introduce yourself and then get in an argument with Rob on another thread and you'll be there by lunchtime.

The screeneze system looks great. I usually use the Screentight system for vinyl/pvc jobs.

Azek is going to look nicer than vinyl in most cases so that would be my "best" option for the HO. If there's a lot of existing framing then maybe making your own aluminum is the best way to go...

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's also different brands of PVC trim now much cheaper than aZek. Lima I think is a common brand now. The down side of the cheap stuff is seeing the open cell on the edges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts