Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to repaint the exterior of my house. The exterior is stucco. What would be the steps I would need to take in accomplishing this.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Pressure Wash Exterior
Use Sherwin Williams Conseal to fill cracks
caulk windows & doors
one coat of Sherwin Williams Loxon Primer (not conditioner)
top coat of Sherwin Williams Superpaint Satin (or Duration if you want to spend the bucks)

One coat system... use Sherwin Williams Loxon XP. But you have to put it on REALLY THICK!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the pressure washing aspect, do I need to use some sort of cleanser or will just straight water suffice?

·
Banned
187 Posts
Mudd Dogg said:
On the pressure washing aspect, do I need to use some sort of cleanser or will just straight water suffice?

Mudd Dogg,

You may want to consider using the following specifications:

Step #1: Thoroughly rinse all surfaces and surrounding areas with water prior to applying the biodegradable mildewcide treatment.

Step #2: Pre-wash surfaces by saturating with the mildewcide treatment and allow to stand. This will kill the mildew and loosen contaminates.

Step #3: Pressure clean surfaces to remove all chalk, dirt, mildew and insect nests, adjusting pressure as not to damage different substrates.

Setp #4: To complete the cleaning process, thoroughly rinse all surfaces and surrounding areas with water to remove all residue.

DRY-OUT: Allow 24 to 72 hours to dry-out before applying paint products.

Hope this helps.

Tom
RANGER Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Dogg,

I overlooked the perfect solution for dirt and mildew.

JOMAX. An EPA registered mildewide that kills mold and mildew.

I purchase it at Home Depot for under $20 a bottle. It makes 20 gallons of cleaning solution when mixed with water and bleach. See directions for recipe.

Of course 20 gallons may be overkill for your home unless you live in a two story home.

You may be able to buy a smaller quantity though.

It contains a bleach activator that removes stains at lower bleach concentrations without harm to aluminum or painted surfaces.

It also works well on vinyl siding, stained decks, fences and patio furniture.

It can even be used near plants and shrubs.

GREAT PRODUCT!

Tom
RANGER Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Tom and Nathan for your insiteful information I shall try what you recommend and am sure I will get a more than satisfactory result. Thanks again for the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts