Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Home Builders/Contractors
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out to price a garage job today. Car crashed into it. Someone put up a temp wall(s). Insurance company seems to think $5700.00 will fix it. Same old song and dance right? I can deal with the insurance company, but I do not have the slightest idea on how to handle what you will see below. First couple of pics are the job. The next two are the problem.

Can someone please tell me WTF that is and what is the best way of getting rid of it without killing it. More importantly keeping it away until I get my check :laughing:

If you look at the second picture. Focus on the upper left side of the wall. You can see it on the upper roll of felt between the two button caps. Thing thing was huge. I asked one of my guys to hold the tape next to it while I took the pic. He said [email protected]#@$ that and ran to the truck before I could order him to do it. Funny as hell....

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
I hope those pictures are zoomed. Otherwise, have someone put a leash on that thing and walk it twice a day. Keep any small kids away.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Take a flame thrower to the entire property!There may be more...Better safe than sorry.

·
Banned
538 Posts
its a black and yellow argiope otherwise known as a garden spider. they arent dangerous and they arent poisonous.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Maybe that is the reason why the car hit the house in the first place? Maybe trying to kill it?:whistling

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
its a black and yellow argiope otherwise known as a garden spider. they arent dangerous and they arent poisonous.
F:censored:K THAT! We have a simple rule in Florida if it crawls it can kill you or make you sick! Even if we're wrong we're safe.

To the OP: YOU DON'T WANT TO KILL IT? ARE YOU MENTAL?
We have "non harmless" Palmetto bugs that would make that spider thier ***** and I still kill them!

I F'N HATE BUGS,Spiders etc, ( save a VERY FEW exceptions!)

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
has anyone seen the driver?

somebody's gotta check that spider :laughing:

hmm this could make a good horror flick.... "ten contractors go in, none come out!"

·
Banned
538 Posts
has anyone seen the driver?

somebody's gotta check that spider :laughing:

hmm this could make a good horror flick.... "ten contractors go in, none come out!"
:laughing: i have to go under my floor to head off a joist... i'm procrastinating on doing it. im afraid of whats under there.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
This whole time we are worried about the spider, and it could in fact be a search and rescue mission for the driver of the car.

Perhaps after attempting to kill the insect with the car, the spider bit them, and they crawled out of the car and are laying poisoned (or worse) in a nearby ditch....

·
Home Builders/Contractors
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some of you guys aren't wrapped to tight you know...:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Driver is a military guy that lives down the street. (Fayetteville/Fort Bragg). He is a diabetic and was trying to make it home before his passed out. As you can see he didn't make it. He's OK though.

The HO is a former military guy. Currently a common laborer for a Contractor doing work in Iraq. Guy told me they work 12 hour days (really only 9 hours) and gets $130.00 a day for hazzard pay + his salary. Said he's pulling about $2000.00 a week untaxed.

He is back until the 21st and then off again.

I've got a passport. Maybe I will call...... I DONT THINK SO :no:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Some of you guys aren't wrapped to tight you know...:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Driver is a military guy that lives down the street. (Fayetteville/Fort Bragg). He is a diabetic and was trying to make it home before his passed out. As you can see he didn't make it. He's OK though.

The HO is a former military guy. Currently a common laborer for a Contractor doing work in Iraq. Guy told me they work 12 hour days (really only 9 hours) and gets $130.00 a day for hazzard pay + his salary. Said he's pulling about $2000.00 a week untaxed.

He is back until the 21st and then off again.

I've got a passport. Maybe I will call...... I DONT THINK SO :no:
I looked into it about a month ago. I want to go but the family says NFW...I still want to go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts