Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, got a question.

I'm going to remove a portion of asphalt shingle roof that extends from the house to open parking driveway.

What is the quickest way to cut thru the asphalt shingle roofing material and plywood underneath it?

Thank you!

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
I have an old circular saw with a decent blade. The shingles kill the shoe on the saw but just set depth and go. We had to replace all plywood and shingles on a house, cut through everything just to trusses and pulled them off. Was way easier then pulling shingles then plywood.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Would a hydraulic concrete saw diamond blade work on this asphalt and wood material. To cut thru it all at once? I could have water running thru it too.
yes it will work the best.

just turn blade backwards like cutting vinyl siding, :thumbsup:

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,858 Posts
I have an old beater saw for that purpose.

I use my not so new anymore blades for it.
This is how I do it. Old beater saw and cheap blades. The asphalt gums up saw and blades, especially when it's hot out.

I just buy a dozen of the $7 Irwin framing blades, and get to work.

Oh, wear eye protection. Roofing nails hit with saw blades got some kinda giddyup to 'em.

Delta

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Dewalt nail cutting blade in the mag 77 worm drive saw.

(I've cut old flooring cut nails with those blades.)

I can start at one eave of the roof, run up over the ridge and down to the other eave without the saw binding, or kicking back.

...or I could run gable to gable if I wanted to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.