Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
That just might be the ticket---see if they have a variety of blades--and the cost---any of those odd ball sized saws have very expensive blades.

At $130--you could take a chance---

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why not just use a 4 - 4.5 inch angle grinders... the blades would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

Also, at 3/32 it shouldn't be difficult to make a square cut with a grinders.

Those Dremel tools really aren't deigned for heavy use... ask me how I know. :eek:

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
The Rockwell VersaCut is a much better realization of that concept. I have one that was given to me and at first didn't think ib would have a use for it, but it's become pretty handy for light duty use. I use it for plank replacements and underlayment duty. It has decent dust control when used with a vacuum and pretty good power for material up to 3/4". I'd buy another one if mine quit on me.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Also Oshlun makes blades for the VersaCut that can be found on Amazon.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ok how do you know.
What light weight angle grinder would you recommend.
I've had one literally melt in my hand, stick to my gloves and drip its melted rubber grip on the bottom of a new sink base. They're junk.

How much is the grinder going to be used? not often a ryboi... might get it done, if its going to be a heavy use get a Makita.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had one literally melt in my hand, stick to my gloves and drip its melted rubber grip on the bottom of a new sink base. They're junk.

How much is the grinder going to be used? not often a ryboi... might get it done, if its going to be a heavy use get a Makita.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
don't get the Milwaukee M18 grinder. I am so disappointed in mine. I was bogging it down carving a channel in half inch schedule 80 today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts