Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone...

I am trying to find out if I am on the right track in regards to my new website. It is a NEWVENTURE since now I added AutoCAD Drawing and Project Management services. If you can click on the link below and give me your input, I'd appreciate it! Thanks a million! Alex (General Contractor in Virginia). Please click here, it is 100% private and your comments won't be seen by anyone, BE BLUNT... http://bit.ly/1nkmh7N

:clap:

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
Hello Everyone...

I am trying to find out if I am on the right track in regards to my new website. It is a NEWVENTURE since now I added AutoCAD Drawing and Project Management services. If you can click on the link below and give me your input, I'd appreciate it! Thanks a million! Alex (General Contractor in Virginia). Please click here, it is 100% private and your comments won't be seen by anyone, BE BLUNT... http://bit.ly/1nkmh7N

:clap:
Kind of defeats the whole purpose of a forum. :rolleyes:

I'm not clicking here and clicking there to give you any feedback on your site and I doubt many will. Your best bet would be to post a link to your site and get honest feedback right here in your thread. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Paul,
Thanks a lot man!
I am new to this thing ContractorTalk, and sure don't have too much time for social media... I didn't even realize it was a forum until you told me!!! Best, Alex

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'm OK being blunt, and don't mind having my comments being seen.

It's just a generic website, using stock photos, for some kind of construction business, located who knows where (OK with a little googling you're in Alexandria), licensed (but who knows where or what kind of license) offering Vision, Solutions, and Services. No indication of projects you've done, scale of work you're capable of doing, history, target market, personal or local touch. It's horrible, and you should fire whoever did it for you.

You'd be much better off having something 1/100th as slick that provides real information about who you are and what you can do, and where you do it. The absence of local touch is inexcusable.

Anyone looking at that site would guess that the reason there's nothing real is that you have nothing real to point to. You MUST have something real to point to, even if it's just a front porch you built for the lady across the street. Or maybe you have some real projects under your belt. Where are they? What are they?

Edit: Really, fire them ASAP, and get someone who knows about web sites for contractors. This guy hammers the local angle like no one else: http://www.polebarnsny.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Rob,
Thanks a million man... Sometimes we can't see through the glass. You made some extremely valid points and I sure appreciate it... Firing the guy would not work out since it was my wife! But, that's what we want to hear... constructive criticism... in this bs world we need to be honest with clients, the one who actually pay our bills! Thanks a lot again!
Alex

·
Commercial roofer
6 Posts
I just assumed the pictures were because the site is still in the works. But yes the site is flashy and very nice, but lacks alot of key information. Other thing would be some sort of introduction on your main page, maybe a scope of work, and vision for the business. Just my .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just assumed the pictures were because the site is still in the works. But yes the site is flashy and very nice, but lacks alot of key information. Other thing would be some sort of introduction on your main page, maybe a scope of work, and vision for the business. Just my .02 :thumbsup:
Great... thanks a lot for the input!!!
As you know, we contractors have all good ideas but we need to get feeds in order for us to improve and market our services! You input was great and is going to help me improve the site! Best of Luck! Alex

·
Banned
5 Posts
I guess it's too late to see, but Bob Cram above is right on point about what you need to include. No one wants to see fancy flash and all the rest -- concentrate on what you do, how you do it, and what you've done. Good luck.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hello Just In Town,

I am a professional and award winning (not to brag) web designer and developer by trade, also an experienced software developer. I would love to provide you feedback to your website, however you link is not working... First off tho, I see you are using Wix. Wix is a quality tool for inexperienced web designers looking to build a website that looks professional without performing any serious coding, however, if you a looking to have a truly rock solid industry leading website then I would highly recommend working with Wordpress.

But again, your link is not working and I would love to provide you feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts