Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i'm painting a house and the neighbor will not let me on his property trying to paint two dormers had a 86 ft high reach but not big enough to get to from street so company brought me a 135 but still not able to get out cause of the height the neighbor wont let me even put a ladder on his property anyway tried to walk down roof not happening by the way did i say a metal roof. i heard about metal roof jacks but can't find any does any one know where i could find them..... thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
What about a man lift?

As a benefit you can swing around above the neighbor's yard screaming: "I'm not on your property and you don't own the air!".

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
there was one called a brucie bracket that had rubber padded
jaws that clamped to the seam of the roof panel,if i remember correctly was about 800.00 apiece i have never used one and i cant seem to locate one online.probably a liability issue.a standing seam roof is usually installed with cleats that allow the panel to expand and contract and is only kept from sliding down by being screwed thru the ridge by a couple of screws

·
Retired Contractor
1,197 Posts
Might be cost prohibitive, but the man lift would be hysterical! :thumbup: Swinging out over his house as he screams and yells:w00t:

My parents had a neighbor like that and you (the property owner) has a right to access their home to maintain it. SO you might have to call in the police.

·
Registered
559 Posts
We have a set of ladder hooks they hook to the end of a ladder and have casters on one side so you push it up on the casters flip it over at the peak and it hooks on the opposite side and the you can work off of it. We got them from tool crib back when they sent catologs

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sad situation, on the 6:00 news, neighbor found hanging from skyhook after conflict with the painter. Not so much about the hanging, as is how he was hanging.. hahaha

The neighbor be like the guy hanging from the ski lift for 15 mins naked & all the news media grabing onto the story..

I hope there was good consideration to these dormers at the time of building the estimate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
660 Posts
...you (the property owner) has a right to access their home to maintain it...
Ya - most municipalities have rules that if your house is within x-inches of the property line you have a "reasonable" right of access to the neighbour's yard to do maintenance. Call the city, get the statute, convey that to the neighbour.

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
Ya - most municipalities have rules that if your house is within x-inches of the property line you have a "reasonable" right of access to the neighbour's yard to do maintenance. Call the city, get the statute, convey that to the neighbour.
Yes! Petition the City and charge for it!

Or

Tell the Neighbor to GFThemeselves!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

He's right. I use hook ladders and a work positioning harness to access weird spots.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts