Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SISTER PAINTING BATHROOM. I LOOKED AT IT WHEN I WAS HOME. WALLS IN TUFF SHAPE. I SAID SCRAPE AND THEN HIT WITH HAND HELD DRYWALL SCREEN. THEN I WOULD PAINT THE WALLS WITH SOME BINES COVERALL. QUESTION YOU CAN USE BINES COVER ALL TO PAINT A BATHROOM WITH CAN'T YOU. SHE NEEDS A THICK INTERIOR PAINT. OR WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMEND WHICH CAN BE PURCHASED AT MENDARDS OR LOWES.....THANKS. SHES IN A HOLDING PATTERN UNTIL SHE HEARS BACK FROM ME. I'M IN A HOLDING PATTERN UNTIL I HEAR BACK FROM YOU. :cheesygri

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
747 said:
SISTER PAINTING BATHROOM. I LOOKED AT IT WHEN I WAS HOME. WALLS IN TUFF SHAPE. I SAID SCRAPE AND THEN HIT WITH HAND HELD DRYWALL SCREEN. THEN I WOULD PAINT THE WALLS WITH SOME BINES COVERALL. QUESTION YOU CAN USE BINES COVER ALL TO PAINT A BATHROOM WITH CAN'T YOU. SHE NEEDS A THICK INTERIOR PAINT. OR WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMEND WHICH CAN BE PURCHASED AT MENDARDS OR LOWES.....THANKS. SHES IN A HOLDING PATTERN UNTIL SHE HEARS BACK FROM ME. I'M IN A HOLDING PATTERN UNTIL I HEAR BACK FROM YOU. :cheesygri
http://www.contractortalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=714&stc=1
:Thumbs:
:cheesygri

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
But really, what do you mean by tough shape
Not sure what Bines Coverall is, but depending on the shape it's in, I'd have some real good suggestions

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
747 said:
...QUESTION YOU CAN USE BINES COVER ALL TO PAINT A BATHROOM WITH CAN'T YOU. SHE NEEDS A THICK INTERIOR PAINT. OR WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMEND ...
Thick?
Is there a texture?
Honestly for a bathroom I'd recommend Zinser's Kitchen & Bath
Mold and mildew resistant like you wouldn't believe

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe Its Not Made By Bines Maybe Zineers. Comeon You Guys Know What I'm Talking About The Coverall Paint.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iTS CALLED ZINEERS COVERSTAIN. AND ITS A PRIMER. i HAD TO GO LOOK. THATS WHAT PLAINPAPER RECOMENDED TO ME WAY BACK WHEN I HAD TO PAINT MY BATHROOM. UNFORTUNATELY THATS OILBASED SO I CAN'T RECOMEND THAT TO HER BECAUSE SHE SHOULDN'T MESS WITH OILBASE. PLAINPAPER IF YOU READ THIS WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING AT. I CAN NEVER REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL ZINEERS IT SPELLED WRONG.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Ahhhh...this:

Yeah she don't want that

She wants this:

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Water based!

She'll still need a topcoat

Tintable to light pastels
Extremely mold/mildew resistant
Maybe lowe's or maynerds

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
747 said:
WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMEND WHICH CAN BE PURCHASED AT MENDARDS OR LOWES.....
Don't know about Menards (no gots around here-never seen one), but there's not much paint I'd get from Lowe's

Really it's usually alot better at a paint shop
Even the spray cans of Kilz are actually full, not 12 oz. cans with 5.6 oz. in them

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THANKS SLICK SHIFT. i DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO PLAINPAPER WHO USE TO POST BUT HAVEN'T SEEN HIM AROUND IN A WHILE. AND MENARDS DEFINATELY CARRIES ZINSSER I SEE IT ON SELL IN THE ADVERTISEMENT WHEN AT HOME

PS YOUR FROM CT. ALOT OF PEOPLE UP THERE ARE GOING TO GET KILLED ON THERE HEATING OIL BILL THIS WINTER. LUCKLY I HAVE NATURAL GAS.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excellent Suggestion. Just Spoke To Her Told Her Zinsser Bullseye 123 Waterbase Primer Sealer And Zinsser Perma White Paint. Mold And Mildew Resistent.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Sweet
Yeah I never thought I'd wish I had baseboard electric again
lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts