Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help on writing contract
hi all

sorry if i've over-posted this inquiry, i'm new to forum and it seems a little tough for me to navigate.

Could anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction where I might find good advice on writing a job contract?

it's for a small job- about 600 sq ft of old wood flooring needs removed and replaced with new tiles.

I think it should be simple as I don't want to scare customers away with too many BIG words they cant understand.

Also I've heard talk of what's called a "change order" being added so that your not screwed if you open up a project and there's more costly problems than originally anticipated. Does anyone have experience with this?

also does anyone have advice as to what forms, are simple easy and cost effective?

input on any or all these ?'s would be appreciated. thanks

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,611 Posts
hi all

sorry if i've over-posted this inquiry, i'm new to forum and it seems a little tough for me to navigate.

One post will suffice.

You may try here first. No matter what you do, run whatever you want by your lawyer first. A poorly worded contract can end up costing you. Big time.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Pick a forum.
Post once.
And.....
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Hey Strat, do you know what a change order is? Where is he hearing this? Are they usefull? Any answer you could give me would be helpful...:whistling
At least I would hope since you are the occasional GC and this guy is a fulltime GC...:whistling

:no:

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
Hey Strat, do you know what a change order is? Where is he hearing this? Are they usefull? Any answer you could give me would be helpful...:whistling
At least I would hope since you are the occasional GC and this guy is a fulltime GC...:whistling

I think it's something that might keep you from getting screwed............Really screwed.........:laughing:............................

:no:

I think it's something that might keep you from getting screwed............Really screwed.........:laughing:............................

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
I knew I should have had something on that last job oh well...:rolleyes:

:jester:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hoof Hearted said:
hi all

Could anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction where I might find good advice on writing a job contract?

it's for a small job- about 600 sq ft of old wood flooring needs removed and replaced with new tiles.

I think it should be simple as I don't want to scare customers away with too many BIG words they cant understand.

Also I've heard talk of what's called a "change order" being added so that your not screwed if you open up a project and there's more costly problems than originally anticipated. Does anyone have experience with this?

also does anyone have advice as to what forms, are simple easy and cost effective?

The CMAA has several different standardized contracts available and I think the AGC does as well, though would be a good idea to have lawyer look over to see if its a good fit for you.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
this is a really old thread :rolleyes::laughing:

but since i didn't answer all those years ago, i will do so now..

you pay me X for X sign here! :clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts