Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to find the answers? Have to take a test Some I know I've listed the ones I don't and can't find Thanks

#2. For an Initial Secure Order, under HUD guidelines, you are authorized to remove exterior debris automatically. If yes, how many cubic yards are you allowed to remove without having to submit a bid?.

#3. For an Initial Secure order, under HUD guidelines, you are authorized to board any broken windows/doors automatically.
Yes
No

#4. For an Initial Secure order, under HUD guidelines, you are authorized to remove personals automatically.
Yes
No

5. What types of locks are required by FHA in your coverage area?

6. What key code(s) is required in your coverage area?

List examples of Safety Hazards:

#12. Please describe in detail the steps taken when completing a winterization on a property with a wet heat system according to 97 specs.

13. Please describe in detail the steps taken when completing a winterization on a property with a dry heat system.

When referring to multi unit homes, what are common water lines?

15. What steps do you take if you arrive at a property with a secure order and you believe it may be occupied?

16. When is a property in conveyance condition?

17. What is the difference between a Protecto lock and a Master Lock?

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Welcome Guitarman,
Before the posters here get all over you, it is protocol to introduce yourself to us.
You'll get a lot more advice that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok here goes

Hi I'm Tracy Kimmons in Orlando, Fl I do inspections for 5 Brothers currently and want to do preservation for them They ask questions on this test I can't find the answers for I also play guitar and sing a little. We have a jam at the Nice and easy bar in Belle Isle every Saturday afternoon I was trained some in Pensacola by a contractor friend for 5 Brothers but still need help Thanks so much My Nickname is Dusty

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the "protecto" system is what we commonly refer to as a "builder's" lock. It will work just like a Master keyed lock in that numerous people holding a valid key can gain entry, UNTIL the home owner initially uses THEIR individual Protecto key.

Once that particular key is used, all the other keys that previously worked in that lock will no longer work.

Check out Safeguard Properties' website for the rest of your answers since you will be doing primarily what they do.

On the debris removal, I think it is how much you will be reimbursed for... not how much you are allowed to remove. Usually it runs about $40 - $60 per cy, up to a max of about 12 cy per single unit.

Helluva tough business you intend to get into. Hard to make a good buck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts