Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently work for a DME company and build wheelchairs from the ground up. We do custom molding and such. I am in the process of starting a small construction company on the side. The only thing I am interested in building at this point, is wheelchair ramps. I have built wheelchair ramps before, but for family. My question is how the bidding process works. I know that home health care agencies usually take the lowest of three bidders. Aside from material costs, how much do I need to add to the bid? How much is too much? I am in the Mount Pleasant, East Texas area. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
I currently work for a DME company and build wheelchairs from the ground up. We do custom molding and such. I am in the process of starting a small construction company on the side. The only thing I am interested in building at this point, is wheelchair ramps. I have built wheelchair ramps before, but for family. My question is how the bidding process works. I know that home health care agencies usually take the lowest of three bidders. Aside from material costs, how much do I need to add to the bid? How much is too much? I am in the Mount Pleasant, East Texas area. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Please use the search button above search : Ramp-a-thon

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
One thread wasn't good enough, you had to start two?

How many are you going to start before you realize your answer will not be found on here - or at least an answer you like....:w00t:

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
All wheel chair ramps built for home health care facilities went to the by the pound bidding process back in 2006. You need to calculate the weights of your materials and then find the government medicade form that shows you area's factoring. Some of it is kind of tricky, like the concrete weighting factor since it will depend if you are using dry bags and then adding water or having concrete delivered pre-mixed, as they will only allow for the actual dry weight if dry bags are used. You might have to calculate it both ways. Once you have the wieght and your local factor just grab the calculator and you're done.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mike has got it :thumbsup: Don't forget to minus the weight of the dirt taken out.

·
framer
154 Posts
Mike,
I believe you are incorrect in the fact that medicade determins the factor multiplier.
If you were paying attention you would know that thru the passing of house resolution 745.54/97J the factor analysis was taken out of medicade's scope and put into Health and Human factoring adjustments of 2009, please know your info before posting!!

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
I am all in favor of Human Factoring as well as adjustments in health. But I dont like steves tone.:hang: JonMon

Geting Major Yucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,803 Posts
Duplicate thread:

At the end of the day no one here can price a project sight unseen, for someone else's business, in someone else's market. Asking for an "average" or "ball park" cost is unproductive at best.

There's nothing wrong with being new, but take some time to search the forum on the subject of bidding and pricing. You'll find a number of good threads that will point you in the right direction.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.