Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Northern California and just recently started working for myself as an independent carpenter. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I need to know the going rate per square foot to hang/mud/tape drywall. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

regards, TjK

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Sorry I can't help ya with that kinda pricing. Ask prowallguy. I've given advice on various types of estimating, after all it is all the same. Labor+material+overhead+profit=cost I'd hate to write out the book again but you can find your answer with a search, I am sure.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Labor only I used to get 5.00 to hang and 5.00 to finnish a 4x8 board. Materials very and fluctuate too much per region for me to give you a figure on that. That rate is about 8 years old also. But I was getting that just north of you in Roanoke so maybe it could be a good place to start. good luck

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I think that's per board or 32 sf. The current estimate I received for drywall is at .79 / sf for labor and .86 / sf for material. That's with a little extra added on for any errors in takeoffs to cover my butt.

·
DRIFTWOOD
803 Posts
new work 1/2" $1.19 per sq. sf plus $229.00 per job cost
for years i,ve used home tech remodeling and renovation cost estimator.
1-800-638-8292 it,s my bible its also adjusted for any area you live in here in marin co. we have hi overhead. spend the money for the book ,not software [way too expensive] the prices may seem a little high but use them good luck( 40 years in the trades )-driftwood

U

·
0 Posts
Here in MD I'm getting $37 a board doesnt matter if it's 8' or 12'. This includes everything Materials, labor, profit, clean-up. However when I sub it out (RARE) it's $5 to hang $11 finish (finish includes 1 point up)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts