Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a home that currently has one bathroom. My PH is 5.5. I might add another bathroom at some point. I would like to know what size and style Neutralizer you folks would recommend? I currently have an old water softner in place that has a back wash pipe. The softner has not been in use the ten years I have been here. I am hoping that I can pipe a neutralizer in right where the softner stands. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Brian

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Sure. Try and get what's known as an "up-flow" style. And study the layout of your water distribution system. Often times the kitchen cold is hard and not part of the softened line and this would cause the cold line to essentially skip the process.

Hose bibbs as well.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Up flow has no backwash system correct? I would like to try to snap a couple pictures of how my softner is piped to see if you agree with how I would like to install this. I will also check to see if the kitchen runs through the softner but I'm pretty sure it doesn't like you mentioned. Will be back .....

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Thanks. Up flow has no backwash system correct? I would like to try to snap a couple pictures of how my softner is piped to see if you agree with how I would like to install this. I will also check to see if the kitchen runs through the softner but I'm pretty sure it doesn't like you mentioned. Will be back .....
Sure

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
You don't have to use that style, I just prefer it personally.

Be sure to not only test your water but to understand what systems work best and why.

If it were up to me, I would be sure to separate the hose Bibbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts