Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer who is 93 years old. She wants to get rid of her tub/shower and install a 5' shower. No problem. We do this several times a year.

Here is the issue. She wants fiberglass and she wants a built in bench.
The bathroom is only big enough for a 60" x 30" shower. I might be able to squeeze in a 60" x 32", if I cut the nailing flange off one side.

I'm not finding a 60" x 30" fiberglass shower, for remodeling, with a bench.

Anybody know of one?

Thanks for your help.

·
General Contractor
7,937 Posts
Do some leg work before I send you a bill...They all over the place, look at Aquatic Coronado 60x30 pan with a built-in seat, Kohler also has a pan with a seat that size (used it on one of my jobs), or you can get a pan kit (pic #2)
Don't forget to tweak a drain from 1 1/2" to a 2" pipe or the poor lady will cause a flood.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,883 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all of the answers. She is set on fiberglass. In her mind, it's the easiest to clean. As you can imagine, there is no changing her mind. Very nice lady, but she knows what she wants.

I'll check out the Coronado.

The Locke is exactly what she needs. It is pricey, but I don't think she's saving up for anything.
I have another 94 year old customer, who wants windows. I tried to politely soft shoe that one. Requested she said, "I'd rather you have the money than the nursing home."
Windows are on order.

Again, I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Do you have a plumbing supply house you use? Send it to them ro come up with a few options to run by your client

-Rich

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
Do you have a plumbing supply house you use? Send it to them ro come up with a few options to run by your client

-Rich
Whoa, that sounds like customer service. I wish it were that easy around here. Basically, we're on our own to solve it, then figure out who carries it.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

-Rich
Yes. That is what I always use. They say, they don't have anything. I've been looking at that Coronado. Available at Home Depot. Not convenient for me, but they will ship to the shop.

I printed out some pictures, to show her. End of October is the delivery date, but she's made it this long, without a walk in shower, so she can probably make it til then.

I was referring to her patience level, not her life span.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa, that sounds like customer service. I wish it were that easy around here. Basically, we're on our own to solve it, then figure out who carries it.
Yep. 2 supply houses. If they don't carry it, they don't want to be bothered.
I don't think they carry Aquatic. Sterling is the number one we put in. They've done great, with the exception of 4 being broken on delivery, last year.
The boxes were fine. They were cracked at the factory.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,205 Posts

Yep. 2 supply houses. If they don't carry it, they don't want to be bothered.
I don't think they carry Aquatic. Sterling is the number one we put in. They've done great, with the exception of 4 being broken on delivery, last year.
The boxes were fine. They were cracked at the factory.
I have been using the Sterling ones. like them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts