Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Anthony I need help with coming up with a formula for labor cost to install aluminum class( wraps) for service doors entry door garage doors and widow wells any help would be great

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
smke13666 said:
Hi my name is Anthony I need help with coming up with a formula for labor cost to install aluminum class( wraps) for service doors entry door garage doors and widow wells any help would be great
I'm sure you do. Have you ever wrapped a door? If so how long did it take? There is the answer. Every job is different . Which you already know.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,128 Posts
You need to figure out what you need to make a day/week, how much material cost are , how much time for the different types of wraps. And base your price on that.

You really are not going to get much help from guys on here when it comes to prices , to many different things to consider.

·
Hair Splitter
18,335 Posts
I am anticipating the lock down........"topic closed" procedure to happen soon....

:blink:
He didn't ask for direct pricing just a formula to come up with pricing.

·
Hair Splitter
18,335 Posts
Pricing is the most important part of any business. Price too high and you price yourself out of the work, price too low and you will end up in the whole and out of business.

You need to know a few things first.

1) What do you want to make an hour?
2) What are your taxes on that wage? What is your WC?
3) What do you want your profit to be on your labor?
4) What is your cushion? Mine is always 10% as a base and then some items I have learned I need a bit more, but it usually doesn't go over 12.5%-15%.
5) Now you need to factor in your overhead. What it costs you to operate your business for a year to operate divided by 2080.

When I finally figured my hourly it was on average $75 an hour. But different tasks get a different rate.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Re-opened.....:blink:

Wonder why....:blink:

MPOV,

The question is never going to be answered......it would be ludicrous to think we could give you a formula with a final result of what to charge a client.

Point is......
Everyone has different circumstances, different client base, different region of the country,....different liabilities......see where I am going with this.....:rolleyes:

Best option might be to "give it a run" at what you think is what you need to charge......do a few, keep track of time and go from there.....

Just the nature of learning what to charge......$. Pricing -It's all over the place...some of it is ridiculously low...:rolleyes:

But....that's from my business end...region,...clie.....bla,bla,bla,......

JMPOV,

·
Kowboy
2,582 Posts
smke13666:

The most difficult thing about this is calculating the speed you gain from repetition. You don't say how many of these will be done but I'll gauran-dang-tee the fifth one will take a third less time than the first, then you're only gonna get so fast afterward.

If you've done one or two and base your bid on that, you'll be too high. But if you bid on a plan to get faster and don't for some reason, you'll lose your shorts.

Go for it. It's only money. When you bet your money, it's the most exciting work will ever be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts