Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in Maryland and have just begun a cleaning business. I have been asked to quote a job after construction is complete. Here are the details:

Refurbished 2 story home, with approx. 3500 sq ft. the home will be empty of major construction when I am to begin. All walls, ceilings, cabinets inside/out, crown moldings, doors etc are to be cleaned. Two rooms have carpet the rest is hardwood floors with one room that has brick flooring that will need some elbow grease to clean. All 3 bathrooms, kitchen and wine closet will need dusting and mopping as well. I have been asked to sweep and dust garage, front porch and back deck area. The windows both inside/out will need scraping and cleaning as well.
I'm at a loss as to what to charge! :eek: But my thoughts have been somewhere in the .22 sq ft, or near the same end cost of $20.00 x 2 people and approx. 18-21 hours to complete the job in the manner the architect wants. I need to experienced help in quoting the right price! Please help with any advice you could give.
Thanks so much! ~Melissa

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you are just cleaning floors & walls of dust and small junk .Washing windows cleaning tile in bath rooms , dusting the tops of trim cleaning out kitchen cabinets dusting lights ect . I pay 30 bucks an hr for two girls to clean for as long as it takes . My house is around 3500 feet and i have a girl clean every week for 80 bucks for about 4 hrs . A house cleaning cost me around 550 bucks but we clean our jobs real good to start with . If you where cute i could pay 7 or $800 for the job . Im not a cheep skate my girls just charge me what they want and i pay them . They do a good job . and they are very sweet .

·
Apartment Rehab Corp.
242 Posts
I cant tell you what to charge but I can say that on a final clean like this, remember that if you have wood floors, It's harder than heck to get the drywall dust off them. We use vinegar to make them shine. Also, keep in mind that if the window frames have overspray or compound on them it will take some extra time to clean. That can be time consuming and tedious.

I would figure out what you feel your time is worth per hour. Multiply it by how many hours you think it will take to do the job, and add in the cost of your materials + 50%. Then add a few more hours, just in case.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Melissa,

My father runs a large hauling and debris removal company. They also do post construction cleanup. He ALWAYS charges per man, per man hour. And extra per load of junk removed. You never know how big of a mess they are going to leave behind.

Lets say your paying out $10.00 per hour and you have 2 people go in. Charge $20 per hour per person, and $125.00 per half ton load of crap. Minimum, 1 load.

If it takes 8 hors you will invoice $445.00 (keep in mind this is just a number I am throwing out for example) What I like about this system is it is completely fair, and your pricing is always expected.

Cory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts