Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
could anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction where I might find good advice on writing a job contract?

it's for a small job- about 600 sq ft of old wood flooring needs removed and replaced with new tiles.

I think it should be simple as I don't want to scare customers away with too many BIG words they cant understand.

Also I've heard talk of what's called a "change order" being added so that your not screwed if you open up a project and there's more costly problems than originally anticipated. Does anyone have experience with this?

also does anyone have advice as to what forms, are simple easy and cost effective?

input on any or all these ?'s would be appreciated. thanks

·
Gresh
5 Posts
Gresh / General Contractor

Keep it simple and spell it out. I put this paragraph on all my contracts.

Hope it helps.

Any alteration or deviation from the above specifications involving extra costs and or labor will become an extra charge over and above this estimate / contract. We ask for payment in full upon completion of work outlined above, minus deposit, and upon your satisfaction of the work we will perform. Thank you.

Gresh

hi all
could anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction where I might find good advice on writing a job contract?

it's for a small job- about 600 sq ft of old wood flooring needs removed and replaced with new tiles.

I think it should be simple as I don't want to scare customers away with too many BIG words they cant understand.

Also I've heard talk of what's called a "change order" being added so that your not screwed if you open up a project and there's more costly problems than originally anticipated. Does anyone have experience with this?

also does anyone have advice as to what forms, are simple easy and cost effective?

input on any or all these ?'s would be appreciated. thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts