Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a rubber roof, nothing rough, normal up and over with termination bar. 7000 sf. Heres the problem: Ive done rubber roofing but ive never subbed it out. I was wondering what a fair subcontracting price would be. All materials are furnished. Im in KY. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,205 Posts
It's not clear whether you're the sub, or you plan to sub it out to someone else. We haven't seen the site or the roof. We don't know what your operating costs are, how big a crew you have, what sort of equipment, etc.

It's highly unlikely that any number you get here would be all that valid. If you're subbing it out, get multiple bids and that should tell the tale. If you're doing the job, and you've done a few before, you should have at least a ballpark idea of how long it's going to take. Charge accordingly, with whatever margin makes you feel safe.

Sorry, but "how much" questions just don't get taken seriously here, for the above reasons among others.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Is it rubber EPDM or modified bitumen (which isn't even rubber)? What's the spec? Tear off? New construction? Insulation? How many flashings? How many feet of wall? How high off the ground? How is material getting on the roof? If tear off will dump be next to the building or do I have to pay a man to cart it 100 feet to the dumpster?

You simply did not give enough detail to give an accurate guesstimate, and even if I were able to give you my price, your price would vary. We don't have the same overhead.

Figure our your material costs, make a complete material list. Then figure out how long it's goign to take you to install and multiply that by your hourly charge.

·
Roofer
681 Posts
New Construction, easy in and out $100.00 per squ, labor only.
Bad access, really cut up, etc., $150.00 - $175.00 per squ, labor only.

Cost of re-roof would double the above prices, unless there's deck replacement or other issues such as adding additional drainage, tapered insulation, etc., than the price would be more than double.

Cost of layover would fall some where in the middle of the above to mentioned prices.

·
Roofer
681 Posts
Sly, would that include insulation also? Kinda cheap if so.
Yes it doe's.
Labor only, not materials.
But if double layers or tapered systems were required that would be an extra.

It's the cost of living differences showing up again, in my area those prices are never the low bid and often the highest.

Just like the average 1 layer, walkable re-roof "shingles" sales for 215.00 or less in my area. My start price is 225.00, that's material and labor.

When I worked for Simon Roofing, a journeymen made 18.75 per hour here in Youngstown, when we worked in the Philly PA area we made 22.50 per hour. These are the late 80's wages, there hire now.

Prices per both labor and material really do change from area to area.
I can purchase 30 year Timberline, Heritage, Land Mark and Durations all at 72.00 per square and sometimes cheaper when there's an over stock sale.
I see guys in here saying they pay 80.00 or more for the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts