These are
1 in thick stiles and rails

Wood stain Wood Molding Tan Chest of drawers
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Ceiling Wall Room Wood Floor

Top view looking down
Bead or Beaded......I think
Yes beaded is right but what kind of bit to use
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/20...ed-Round-Over-Router-Bit-14-R-12-D-14-SH.aspx

or any like it.

Edit: I didn't notice that the door was mitered, so yes, JLS's followup, or similar will work if you are making mitered panels.
Thanks

I saw this bit but the thing is the profile doesn't look exactly the same. It has a sharp or abrupt edge.
Production cabinet companies will most likely have their own profiles.
I doubt you will get an exact match.
Just go for close.
Hmm interesting. The thing is this guy who made it isn't a production cab company. It was made out of a small local shop. He called it a French bead. But I see what your saying.

So far haven't seen anything close. I wonder if it has to have two passes one on each side
Production cabinet companies will most likely have their own profiles.
I doubt you will get an exact match.
Just go for close.
The little groover in my post, plus roundover will do it, or

a beading bit like this:

http://www.freudtools.com/p-105-triple-beading-bits.aspx

plus the little groover to round the internal bead.
I think your right, it is probably a combination of a couple bits.
CarpenterSFO said:
The little groover in my post, plus roundover will do it, or a beading bit like this: http://www.freudtools.com/p-105-triple-beading-bits.aspx plus the little groover to round the internal bead.
Probably made on a moulder rather than router or shaper. I've got a woodmaster moulding machine & can have affordable custome knives made. He may have done the same.
Hmm interesting. The thing is this guy who made it isn't a production cab company. It was made out of a small local shop. He called it a French bead. But I see what your saying.

So far haven't seen anything close. I wonder if it has to have two passes one on each side
Reactions: B.D.R. and Deckhead
Definitely a molder, mitered joints. Hope you have one ?
Probably made on a moulder rather than router or shaper. I've got a woodmaster moulding machine & can have affordable custome knives made. He may have done the same.
2nd half of your post makes no sense to me.
Definitely a molder, mitered joints. Hope you have one ?
Sorry, I meant I hope he has a molder.
2nd half of your post makes no sense to me.
Reactions: pinwheel
When don't you go to the shop and get him to cut them for you.
That is an applied bead. Use the bit posted. They make all sorts of sizes, but it's probably 1/4" with a 1/16" shoulder.

Even the interior molding is applied.

Would it be easier with a molder? Sure. But you can easily get that with applied moldings.
Heck, why didn't I think of that? Good eye sir. I knew the inner moulding was applied, didn't even think about the outer bead being applied to a roundover edge.:thumbup:
That is an applied bead. Use the bit posted. They make all sorts of sizes, but it's probably 1/4" with a 1/16" shoulder.

Even the interior molding is applied.

Would it be easier with a molder? Sure. But you can easily get that with applied moldings.
There are a lot of ways to get that. I'd probably get a double beading bit. If it's a solid board, you have to grind off one quadrant with a diamond wheel. Or use a radius v groove bit, etc., but multiple passes to build this up may not look as good and takes longer.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.