Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Production cabinet companies will most likely have their own profiles.
I doubt you will get an exact match.
Just go for close.
Hmm interesting. The thing is this guy who made it isn't a production cab company. It was made out of a small local shop. He called it a French bead. But I see what your saying.

So far haven't seen anything close. I wonder if it has to have two passes one on each side

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,843 Posts
Hmm interesting. The thing is this guy who made it isn't a production cab company. It was made out of a small local shop. He called it a French bead. But I see what your saying.

So far haven't seen anything close. I wonder if it has to have two passes one on each side

Probably made on a moulder rather than router or shaper. I've got a woodmaster moulding machine & can have affordable custome knives made. He may have done the same.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
That is an applied bead. Use the bit posted. They make all sorts of sizes, but it's probably 1/4" with a 1/16" shoulder.

Even the interior molding is applied.

Would it be easier with a molder? Sure. But you can easily get that with applied moldings.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,843 Posts
That is an applied bead. Use the bit posted. They make all sorts of sizes, but it's probably 1/4" with a 1/16" shoulder.

Even the interior molding is applied.

Would it be easier with a molder? Sure. But you can easily get that with applied moldings.
Heck, why didn't I think of that? Good eye sir. I knew the inner moulding was applied, didn't even think about the outer bead being applied to a roundover edge.:thumbup:

·
Registered
Remodel
32,182 Posts
There are a lot of ways to get that. I'd probably get a double beading bit. If it's a solid board, you have to grind off one quadrant with a diamond wheel. Or use a radius v groove bit, etc., but multiple passes to build this up may not look as good and takes longer.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.