1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Love me some Concrete
1,877 Posts
LxW= area

Then figure how thick you want it....

Did you notice we have a DIY site?....:whistling:laughing:
Perfect, Griz, perfect!

Actually its quite simple:

Length x width x height / 3 and add 6.2 to get a rough layout and then take the remaining number, add 1.466 and then square root it. The resulting number is the radius of the very first curve. So do this for each little curve and then double it to make sure you have enough concrete because it evaporates as it dries.

Don't listen to the professional masons, they are just in it for the money and actually have no idea how to form, place, finish and seal concrete. Just look at any home owner perfection pour to validate my statement. There is absoultely nothing wrong with seeing a bunch of float lines all over the pad.:eek:

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Perfect, Griz, perfect!

Actually its quite simple:

Length x width x height / 3 and add 6.2 to get a rough layout and then take the remaining number, add 1.466 and then square root it. The resulting number is the radius of the very first curve. So do this for each little curve and then double it to make sure you have enough concrete because it evaporates as it dries.

Don't listen to the professional masons, they are just in it for the money and actually have no idea how to form, place, finish and seal concrete. Just look at any home owner perfection pour to validate my statement. There is absoultely nothing wrong with seeing a bunch of float lines all over the pad.:eek:
crap i have been doing it wrong, i have been useing length x width x depth, no wonder my crap is always low, thanks for the heads up:whistling

· I'm The BOSS
1,991 Posts
You guys are jerks.
someone comes on here asking for help and all they get is a hard time.
That's not right, everyone need a little help.

Danbar: the average pool deck on a residential pool is approx. 750 yards of concrete.
don't do it by the bag , that's way to much work. Call your local concrete company ask for one truckload of 95k65 @ 8500 psi mix. that should work well for pools and the chemicals.

· Builder
37,463 Posts
You guys are jerks.
someone comes on here asking for help and all they get is a hard time.

Danbar: the average pool deck on a residential pool is approx. 750 yards of concrete.
don't do it by the bag , that's way to much work. Call your local concrete company ask for one truckload of 95k65 @ 8500 psi mix. that should work well for pools and the chemicals.
Exactly

· Love me some Concrete
1,877 Posts
you guys are jerks.
Someone comes on here asking for help and all they get is a hard time.

Danbar: The average pool deck on a residential pool is approx. 750 yards of concrete.
Don't do it by the bag , that's way to much work. Call your local concrete company ask for one truckload of 95k65 @ 8500 psi mix. That should work well for pools and the chemicals.
lol!

· Love me some Concrete
1,877 Posts
crap i have been doing it wrong, i have been useing length x width x depth, no wonder my crap is always low, thanks for the heads up:whistling
Its low because of the evaporation as stated above. Also, if you pour it at a 8/9" slump, you can just shake the forms and it will self level if you tell the plant to put in the self leveling cream.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.