Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bosch laser distance measure. The problem is I can barely see the laser dot on most sunny days. Any tips on increasing the view capability of the red dot.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you tried the red tinted glasses? Another thought might be to attach a green laser pointer to it. Even if you can't see the red dot, you can see where it would be hitting.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
I know my laser is more visible on white or silver surfaces. I have used foil tape (with it's backing adhesive still on since it sticks too well) held up by blue tape when can't see the line and it works. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Remodel
29,628 Posts
I use a bucket or can with white paper in the bottom when possible. Bucket or can keeps the paper target in the shade so the laser shows on it better.

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
dont the newer ones have viewfinders ?

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
They don't read on reflective surfaces.
They? A laser bounces off of a sheet of white paper just fine. And my eyes read the laser.

You really should read the posts. I said like Ron suggested. So I guess we both can't see the laser better??? You really do know everything, including what works for me and others. That's a neat talent.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Paint a 2x4 white. If measuring subtract 1.5

Use the red reflective sight until it gets too hard to see, then a 2x4 and if it's really bright-far away something white

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts