Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need advice - wall squat rack on metal studs. Is bracing required?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Tinstaafl 
Do whatever Rogue recommends for installation.

Did you already purchase the rack? Wall mounts don't take up any less space than a stand alone rack, I would rather just get one that can be placed anywhere without having to attach it to a wall.

That’s what I was hoping to do. Just wanted to make sure the plywood would add enough stability rather than having to open up the wall and brace in between the studs.

Yeah, I already purchased it. Rogue makes it very clear they have zero recommendations for installation into metal studs, they always say contact a licensed contractor. I’m sure it’s a liability thing.

The folding rack sticks out about 5” off the wall when folded.

The smallest standing rack they have sticks out 30” off the wall. Even if I got the standing one, I’d still have to bolt it into the floor so it wouldn’t be very movable either.
My point was that if you are using it regularly, it never gets folded up, and takes the same amount of space up.

It's unlikely that most people will clean up their workout area, fold the rack up, then immediately use that space for something else when they have to lift again 1-2 days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.