Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I've built temp plywood decks at second floor level. With a ''hatch'' to get through. Leave enough space next to walls to pass whatever is needed up. Then you can just roll scaffold around. Don't forget curb at perimeter to stop wheels.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,059 Posts
What's the actual span from the edge of the landing steps to the railing? Doesn't really look like something I couldn't handle with a couple of ladders and planks.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Marven said:
Post in drywall forum. Those guys are great at building scaffolds in this situation.
I am a drywall guy.

I look at the pictures again. Looks to me like four Baker scaffolds and planks. You can put the Baker on the stairs and still keep a level platform. May have to stack two on the lower flight of stairs.

I wish I had a camera years back when I build platforms in large custom homes for everybody to work in the stairwells. I would leave it up for all trades to use until they had to come down and everybody would help remove it for the use of it.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
A baker on the landing then ladder and plank the stairwell up to the baker.
You dig what I'm layin down?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Wow........Good set up. :thumbsup:

And a little too late, but they do have half baker sections. But they are hard to find and rental places may not carry them. One of our finishers had a set and they came in handy for those awkward stair set ups.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Definitely invest in the baker safety fencing if your going to use set ups like that. Those bakers are too stable up high like that.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
There was a special on those kind of baker racks. And since I already had a few. I bought one more set on sale and cut each side (ladder if you will) at about 2/3rds the height. So now I can either set up at one set high. Or 1 and 1/3rd high or 1 and 2/3rds high or 2 or 2 and 1/3. And so on. This comes in super handy in vaulted ceilings were one set is not enough and two sets reaches high points but puts lower section of vault at risk of being jousted/scratched especially when you are focused on rolling around something on the floor.

I have a 10 chop saw that I set up with a wood AND metal cutting blade (especially if cutting say used studs with nails) and it made a clean cut on each corner tube of ladder section.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts