Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site and could really use some advice. Basically, the situation is this. I've been asked to become the RME of a small, newly acquired plumbing company (only 3 full-time plumbers). The new owner is not a licensed contractor but is licensed under the corporate umbrella and she needs a RME in order to conduct business. The new owner asked me what kind of compensation I would want to become the company's RME.

I've been a licensed plumber for over 25 yrs and I feel that I would be bringing a lot to the table with my experience, especially since she has no experience in the plumbing business other than administrative. I would also be interested in expanding the business for its continued success.

My question is, What amount/type of compensation should I request (i.e., percentage of the company's gross profits, salary, commission %, bonus, etc.)?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
David Festa
2,561 Posts
Is she married are you? Get hooked up and have best of both worlds.
Tuff call, you need to know more about her and her past employees, ask around find out if she’s just like all of the other blood thirsty woman out there

Disclaimer: woman are not blood thirsty, there just money grupbbing……..

If she has a track record of screwing people then you may be next.
Will your license be used for this company, what’s that risk worth to you, 25 years is a lot to loose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol... Thanks for your reply. Actually, she has never owned a company before yet alone a plumbing company. She seems to be a fair and decent person. With respect to risk, my contractors license will not be used, she bought the plumbing company with the license.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts