Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to start up my own sub business and an searching for ladder racks for my 2007 toyota tacoma extended cab. I dont think it makes a difference but its the TRD edition. Im looking for something that I will not need to drill into the bed and can just clip on the rails of the bed. something that isnt too time consuming to put up and take down. also on a standard day I will be putting up a 6 foot a 12 foot a 24 foot and a 32 foot ladder. pictures would be very helpful as far as style and efficiency. Im also not loaded so Im kinda looking for something on a budget but shoot me any info you may have for me.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
If you want something that goes up and down fast look at TracRac.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
I have a cheap trac rac on my 1500, the expensive trac rac on one of my 2500 and a system one on my other 2500, all are good racks, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Next time I'm getting one fabbed by a welder to exactly what I want

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I have a cheap trac rac on my 1500, the expensive trac rac on one of my 2500 and a system one on my other 2500, all are good racks, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Next time I'm getting one fabbed by a welder to exactly what I want
you don't like the system one? thought those were good.

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
I know you mentioned werent into drilling holes in bed but couldnt be happier with these cheap racks. Take about 30 seconds to remove.

Attachments

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
asgoodasdead said:
you don't like the system one? thought those were good.
It's an alright rack, but once a month I have to tighten the nuts, and once a year I have to replace all the stainless locking nuts, because it loosens and starts to wiggle bad. Those aren't cheap either. I've tried everything with it too. Thread lock everything. So for $1200 I don't think it's worth it.

The same thing happened with the $300 trac rac, but that's on my personal truck, so usually all I have up there is a ladder when bidding out roofs and stuff.

But I priced put getting custom aluminum ones built. My short bed regular cab was $700. The short bed extended cab was $750 and the long box extended was $1000. But it was going to go over the good and attach to the front bumper.
So I think I'll go that way

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you mentioned werent into drilling holes in bed but couldnt be happier with these cheap racks. Take about 30 seconds to remove.
i noticed you had the ladders in the bed of the truck. can it support a good amount of weight? im going to have a lot with all the ladders together on the racks

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
crazyboarder said:
i noticed you had the ladders in the bed of the truck. can it support a good amount of weight? im going to have a lot with all the ladders together on the racks
Not really sure what they are weighted for but are made by weather guard. I usually only carry around a ladder or two or the brake once in a while. I'm sure a bunch of ladders wouldn't be an issue.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
NYGUTTERGUY said:
Not really sure what they are weighted for but are made by weather guard. I usually only carry around a ladder or two or the brake once in a while. I'm sure a bunch of ladders wouldn't be an issue.
Weather guard makes good stuff, so does Adrian steel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts