Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok AC guys I need some advice. I have a heater unit installed on top of the coil, Is this correct? I have condensation on the sides and inside of the heating unit with rusting. Also when you remove the ac filter you can tell the difference of how hard the unit is working. And pulling the filter pretty hard. Is this a filter issue? Also told the carbon monoxide chances are great due to incorrect install. I believe it is a Lennox 2 1/2 ton unit.

Thank you

Attachments

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
You in Construction... you looking at the unit and you asking us if this correct or not?

If you can't figure this out, why don't you call HVAC Contractor they will help you solve the problem :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I'm in construction, did I say HVAC? If you can't reply with some helpful info, don't reply!!!

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Yes I'm in construction, did I say HVAC? If you can't reply with some helpful info, don't reply!!!
You in Construction... you looking at the unit and you asking us if this correct or not?

If you can't figure this out, why don't you call HVAC Contractor they will help you solve the problem :thumbsup:
He gave you helpful info:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's I have them coming to look, but my curiosity is killing me. I was told that the coils needed to be on top. And possible carbon issues.

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
Thanks guy's I have them coming to look, but my curiosity is killing me. I was told that the coils needed to be on top. And possible carbon issues.
Which way it blows... up or down?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
that brings up the question of why are coils before H.E. on RTUs?
It was easier to design/build them that way. And is one of the reasons RTU heat exchangers usually don't last more then 10 years before rusting through.

York has changed their design on their residential package units so the the coil is after the heat exchanger.

·
HVAC Professional
56 Posts
beenthere said:
It was easier to design/build them that way. And is one of the reasons RTU heat exchangers usually don't last more then 10 years before rusting through.

York has changed their design on their residential package units so the the coil is after the heat exchanger.
Ok. That makes sense. I always wondered why it was that way on RTUs when I have seen the results of the coil before the H.E. in residential split systems

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
:eek: Some new guy comes blowing in, no introduction in the introduction forum, asks a question, and then BLASTS a regular, long time, well respected forum member for the response he got?

Yeah.... THAT"s the way to get some helpful advice. :no:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the responses, in regard to the last post. when someone ask for a opinion on another trade, I would never reply with this. (Construction... you looking at the unit and you asking us if this correct or not?) if I knew I wouldn't be asking. I hope greg24k doesn't respond to his customers this way. And yes I do have a HVAC guy coming to look at it. Just trying to get different opinions on it...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Thanks for the responses, in regard to the last post. when someone ask for a opinion on another trade, I would never reply with this. (Construction... you looking at the unit and you asking us if this correct or not?) if I knew I wouldn't be asking. I hope greg24k doesn't respond to his customers this way. And yes I do have a HVAC guy coming to look at it. Just trying to get different opinions on it...
That's fine Joey.... nothing at all wrong with asking for opinions. I just thought your response was a little snarky when it didn't need to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks John, this is a friend of mine, Not my customer. Her friend installed this coil unit as a favor and I had a guy look at it thats been in the business longer then the guy that installed it been alive. He said it was installed incorrectly. And possible carbon dioxide issues in the winter, I was just trying to get some other opinions. Thanks

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
Thanks John, this is a friend of mine, Not my customer. Her friend installed this coil unit as a favor and I had a guy look at it thats been in the business longer then the guy that installed it been alive. He said it was installed incorrectly. And possible carbon dioxide issues in the winter, I was just trying to get some other opinions. Thanks
Joey, none for nothing and don't take this the wrong way... But being in construction business and you already had someone look at the unit as you said yourself " been in the business longer then the guy that installed it been alive"... so as a guy with experience, how can you possibly seek an opinion here with one picture, from which you cannot tell what is going there... I told you the same thing I would tell my customer or anybody else, I am not there I have no clue... call HVAC contractor and that is what I told you, which is a sound advise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appropriate the advice, I know the pic doesn't show much. Just wasn't sure if it was the norm to indtsll that way, I believe the guy? But always like to get a second opinion on something I don't know about. Just thought I could get some advice on it from the pros. My background is commercial & residential roofing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts