Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://pullman.craigslist.org/lbg/1278651162.html

am in need of someone to help build an addition to my house the addition will be approximately 1200sq ft and 2 stories.

i need the ground prepared w/ a bobcat machine and the foundation poured. you must have your own bobcat and cement mixing machine.

i also need the framing done as wel as all interior finihing, carpet, drywall, and siding. you must have your own toolsto complete the job and it must be done to a very high standard.

yo must also have a heavy duty truck topick up all materials and deliver them.

i will pay you $7.50 per hour for all productive hours when the job is complete. getting materials, planning, going to the bathroom, etc. is not being paid for. i will give you a $15 per wek fuel allowance to get materials.

this job should take 2 skilled workers no more than 3 weeks to complete. if it takes longer you will not be paid for work done and i will hire someone else to finish.

you must have all your own equipment and tools and be willing to warranty the work for no less than 5 years.

come on guys, the ecoomy is bad right now. get to work and build something you can be proud of.
This is just down the road from me, anybody that wants this gig will have to fight me for it. The economy is soooo baaaaad right now I'm drooling over this.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're missing his point. The economy is bad, contractors are starving and dying by the thousands every day all across the US. He is graciously giving you the opportunity to work on his project.

See, isn't it better when you spin it to his point of view?

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just a humble landscaper, so help me out if I get this wrong, but to get this job you need to be:

A licensed/insured GC
Roofer
Concrete finisher
Framer
Plumber
Electrician
Excavation contractor
Drywaller
Painter
HVAC Journeyman
Sider

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, you also need to own $100K worth of tools and equipment and have enough in the bank to live off for 3 weeks, yet be starving enough to take this job.

Anyone here fit this description?

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
This jerk wants to pay a skilled contractor a quarter over minimum wage? With a $15 gas allowence to pick up materials. How generous.

I wish you could post his home address so we could all send him letters on how to make love to himself.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well, I think it is wonderful all these folks are going out of there way to provide "side jobs"!:rolleyes:

http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/sks/1272846031.html

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-16, 9:06AM MDT

I am thinking of adding a garage to my existing one. I will need someone to help me on planning and building it. If you are a framming contractor or a builder that are looking for a side job, please feel free to contact me. We don't really need to build it, but since the job market is so bad that we want to create job for someone. So if you are in the market for a job, you can help yourself and help me by building my garage. Collin 817-6617

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
License info: Unlicensed

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
You know for the price of a cup a coffee (hmmm coffee) day you could save a contractor.

Screw you guys I am buying a cup of coffee.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i will pay you $7.50 per hour for all productive hours when the job is complete. getting materials, planning, going to the bathroom, etc. is not being paid for. i will give you a $15 per wek fuel allowance to get materials.

Let's forget the fact that he CAN"T F:censored:KING USE SPELL CHECK! The fact (as pointed out $100,000 of tools GC licenses etc.)

What makes him fall in the category of SO F:censored:KING MANY people that think building something is ONLY when your PHYSICALLY building something! PLANNING(not part of the IMPORTANT PROCESSS???WTF) Getting materials( 1 hour average NOT including drive time for a hand full of shiz)

$15 a wek(or WEEK as I spell it:eek:) for gas? Either 1)he think's contractors drive scooters 2) Home Depot is across the street or 3) We need to become good friends with him 'cause he knows how to get 1,000 miles out of 5 gallons of gas!!!

Where's the FYI shows doing documentaries on A:censored:holes like him showing who responds to these ads and what the aftermath is!:no:

·
Freelance Gynecologist
94 Posts
i wouldn't be surprised if that was posted with a little bit of the guys tongue stuck in his cheek...

I tend to agree....I find it really hard to believe that he's serious. But then again, I've seen a lot of things like this on CL. He's definitely the worst though if it's true.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts